Help! Naza Setup / Naza M V2 won't calibrate TX + generating "CFG-ERR"

DJKham

First-you guys have been a TON of help and have gotten me this far but it appears that I've run into a real snag. I'm building a DJI F550 with Naza M V2, GPS, Zenmuse H3 2D and Spektrum AR8000 / DX9 combo. I've set everything up according to the directions (and most user's parameters) but when I get to calibrating the TX in the setup assistant, the controller will not calibrate. I've downloaded all the latest drivers (re-installed multiple times to make sure that's not the issue), am running the latest version of Naza Assistant (V2.20), have the latest firmware on the PMU, have re-bound my TX 5 times...but can't seem to get the calibration to recognize the controller. When I try to calibrate it, the sliders are red and don't respond to any of the inputs from the TX (but are moving around sporadically). I've got the wiring from the receiver set up so that Aileron, Rudder, Throttle, Gear and Elevator are in the corresponding A, E T, R and U inputs on the Naza and have also tried quite a few different configurations there. I've also started over with a new model in the TX several times and tried everything from just a plain "Acro" setup with nothing modified to importing a DX9 setup file from another user. The assistant DOES recognize the Naza M via USB as I can check the rotation direction of the motors and it can see the orientation of the gyro + GPS tracking. Lastly, the Naza assistant is giving me a "CFG-ERR" message and asking me to re-calibrate my transmitter (which ironically, I can't). Not sure if my Naza M is just defective at this point but thought I would ask for your suggestions in case there's something I can try that I haven't already. Apologies for the long-winded first post but in desperation mode. Thanks in advance.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
In the assistant under the "BASIC" and then under "RC" tabs there is a selector for input type in relation whether you are using traditional wiring or s-bus(dbus) or ppm is this selected to what you have (if you have several wires from rx to Naza it should be traditional )

also you will need to adjust the endpoints for the flight mode switch to get the slider to sit on GPS---ATTI----MANUAL

Last edited by a moderator:

DJKham

Thanks for the reply STI-REX. Yeah, have made sure that the "tradition" type is selected as I'm using multiple cables to the AR 8000. Appreciate any other suggestions you guys may have.

What about the latest firmware updates for the DX9 and NAZA? Have you got the correct NAZA software? there is a M (multi rotor) and H (Heli) version.
Regards
Crispy

STI-REX

Gettin Old
You obviously have the flight battery connected to the 550 and the RX is lighting up to show it has power

you hopefully have props off , when you have it hooked up and it shows config err try unplugging the cable and re-inserting it whilst the flight battery is still hooked up

Maybe try a different cable ( some smartphones have the same cable ) or a different USB port

you have the pmu cable plugged into X3

also check that your rx and pmu to naza cable is plugged in in the right orientation orange/white or yellow signal cable closest to the notch in the Naza case closest to the bottom

and the brown or black wire closest to the top of the Naza case also check this on the RX (checkyour rx for markings - + s ) I am not to sure how they go on your rx as I fly Futaba

Maybe post a picture of your set up of the rx and Naza

DJKham

All fantastic suggestions. Unfortunately, none of these seem to have resolved the issue. I'll try pulling everything apart one more time and Un-installing and reinstalling all drivers and firmware one more time. Really, after that, I guess trying to get on the phone with DJI is the way to go? Again, just can't get the NAZA M V2 software to recognize the inputs from my TX. Maddening. If there's a miracle worker out there, I'm ready to talk!

STI-REX

Gettin Old
How are you going with this

Have you tried another RX?

When you said you started a fresh model did you re-bind each time you did this Just thinking it may be the model match function on the TX not recognizing the rx as it may think it belongs to another model

Phil550

I had the same problem with my Naza V1 and DX8 after updating the firmware.
It may have been a coincidence but the "CFG-ERR" disappeared after I calibrated the GPS and I was able to re-calibrate the TX - might be worth a try....

Phil

DJKham

How are you going with this

Have you tried another RX?

When you said you started a fresh model did you re-bind each time you did this Just thinking it may be the model match function on the TX not recognizing the rx as it may think it belongs to another model

It appears that the issue may be with my (new) RX AR8000. After I bind the TX and RX, the light on the RX is solid but the light on its satellite receiver does not stay on. From what I hear, it should also remain on. The light on the satellite does flash during binding but then turns off.

Will try try a new RX and see if that resolves the issue.

It appears that the issue may be with my (new) RX AR8000. After I bind the TX and RX, the light on the RX is solid but the light on its satellite receiver does not stay on. From what I hear, it should also remain on. The light on the satellite does flash during binding but then turns off.

Will try try a new RX and see if that resolves the issue.

That does seem to be an issue.. Both RX and SAT lights need to remain solid.

DJKham

Issue resolved

That does seem to be an issue.. Both RX and SAT lights need to remain solid.

Sure enough, the satellite receiver (brand new from LHS) was defective from the factory.

In case anybody else experiences this type of issue, both lights on the receiver and satellite were blinking during binding, but after binding the light on the satellite receiver would not stay on (as it is supposed to).

Now that I've isolate the problem, I'm hearing that this happens once in a while so I hope this thread helps others in the future.

Thanks to to everyone here for helping me out.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Glad you got it sorted ,Nothing more annoying than a completed model sitting on the bench and having a not so obvious fault stopping you flying

Have fun