Help me make sure my math is right for choosing my battery.

Jhulgan

Seeing as how im terrible at math. I just wanted to make sure I got this right, if anyone can help i would appreciate it. Just want to make sure im right here.

Motors are T-motor mn2204 kv2300 with hobbywing 30a pro optos on a robocat
Im looking at this battery as my choice right now. http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-30c-2200mah-3s1p-t-plug.html

So if im going by the max prop size on the table at tmotors for my motors.... http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2014/Navigator_0124/192.html
a 6*2 prop draws 10.2 amps each motor. So the glacier battery should yeild (30 x 2.2) 66 amps. I know this is basic but im doing this right arent i? Just making sure im well with in the safe zone. And thats gonna give me good flight time. I know I got a speedy one for a begginer. But as i understand i can reduce prop size a little and turn the rates down. Which is what i was planning.

Originally i was looking at 2208s with a turnigy nano tech 1550 6s and decided thats way too much power. Should i be looking into a battery with more cells? Any other suggestions for battery choices(no hobbyking, wanting to order stateside)

"So the glacier battery should yeild (30 x 2.2) 66 amps" Yes that's right, that's peak discharge. 10.2 amps is max draw per motor (according to the chart) but you wont likely ever see that for more than a brief period. A 30 c battery for a mini quad is fine. A lot of people will tell you to buy the highest C rating you can afford because a higher C rated battery will always be better. There's some truth to that but that doesn't mean a 30 C battery is a bad choice. Most guys will run a smaller amp rating if their racing. You will see 1800mah and even less for guys that are really serious racers. Stick with 3s or 4s if its your first build. A lot of guys want to cover all their bases in one shot due to $$ limitations but you really need to grow into things. There is no "One size fits all" in this hobby.

cootertwo

I tried, and didn't like Glacier batteries. They are now in my "puffy" box. But then again, I'm tough on batteries. So far I've found Lumenier brand to be pretty tough. Had terrible luck with Pulse too. I'm sure these lipo's are like riding lawnmowers. There's probably only a few companies making them, just different labels at the end of the production line.

BTW, Hobbyking has an East coast and West coast warehouse now. They don't have as much in stock as their China warehouse but you can usually do fairly well and shipping wont kill you. You select it at the top of the column where it says "global warehouse" I have used turnigy nano techbatteries quite a bit and have had good luck with them.