Other Help me indentify this AC please?

tmmedic20

After a death in the family, A friend acquired this drone.

I am extremely new into the hobby , and only know the smaller craft. My friend is not very internet savy, and ask me if I could find out what this AC is, and what it may be worth. He would like to sell it to purchase a smaller AC.

Thanks in advance for the help.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tmmedic20/Drone/story

The top ring says "Tarot 800s" when I do a search for this, all I come up with is a Air Frame.

Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

ash223

Tarot T810
DJI Zenmuse Z15 Gimbal for what appears to be a BMPCC
DJI Wookong M Flight Controller

It is basically a kit. You buy the T810 airframe and then add what you want to it like motors, ESC's, flight controller etc

It looks like a good craft with a good gimbal, it has a pretty decent flight controller on it as well. It appears to be in good condition but its hard to say if you cant fly it. Its pretty hard to sell these because there is not a lot of demand for them. This would be used by a business for professional photography and most people would rather buy brand new or build one themselves than take a chance on an unknown. Its pretty easy to see what everything is worth by comparing prices of these items new on the internet or looking at what others are selling similar ones for. I would say that the only real value is in the flight controller and gimbal and even then they can be hard to sell.

tmmedic20

Sadly that is what I thought.

It does fly, and flies well. It just so big the owner is very afraid of it!

I appreciate all the help.

ash223

I think I just spotted that it appears to have a DJI landing gear attached to it, possible an S800 or S900 under the main hex part.

As for price. Difficult to say. There will be somebody who may want parts from it. You could try and sell as a going concern, I don't know how much for though. I would try and identify the camera gimbal properly and see what you can get for that by itself. The airframe you can look on Tarot's website to find out how much they are brand new right now and then do a search on eBay for the landing gear and that should give you an idea.
Problem is a lot people have been buying quads like the Inspire 1 and there seems to be fewer wanting big copter like this.

tmmedic20

Thanks again.

One more question.

Is there a software that I can attach that transmitter to and find out what is assigned to each switch?

ash223

You attach to the Wookong via USB and then to your computer after you have installed the Assistant Software

Alwil

This appears to be a well built drone. I have the 810 frame and it is rock solid. I know it
is a large drone but if it was setup right will be very easy to fly. As for a price- this will
be hard to say- you will never get back what a builder puts into it. Prices change all the time.
Of course you could sell it piece by piece but that would be a shame. It looks like the
builder put a lot of thought and research into this project.

yonda

I spotted a DX8 box in one of your photos - it's hard to tell from your pictures, but does this aircraft have two receivers (one connected to the Wookong and a second to the Zenmuse?) I would expect a setup like this to be 2 operator typically not single - so two transmitters not one. I recently sold a genuine dji S800 similar to this (the main frame on yours is Tarot not dji) with a pair of radios and similar camera for about £1,600.

In this world dollars appear to the same as GB£ for some reason - a dji Mavic is $999 in the US or a £1,099 in the UK for example, ie we pay $350 or 35% more than you for the same $1,000 aircraft in the UK.

The gimbal fitted to your aircraft is a dji Z-15 Nex7 version by the way.

I can't comment on the US market, but technology is moving very fast and this is about a three or four year old pro-looking rig with not-quite full pro components. It may prove tricky to sell I suspect as I'm not sure who would buy it and for what purpose as it isn't 4K capable.

The Nex 7 is still quite a capable camera for stills though, so maybe that's your niche?