Help.. cannot get video through the Zenmuse GH3 with Lumix GH3

ebeez

Hi there,

I have posted this in a few forums but cannot get this resolved. I have the above set up on an S1000. I have connected the shutter cable an the HDMI into the camera, set the output on the camera to 1080i. Plugged in the TX to the Zenmuse GCU, power is going to the TX and RX. I can see the green light on the bottom of the gimbal when I flip the switch on the 14SG so I now it is connecting to the camera. Turn everything on and I do not get a picture on the LCD monitor.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Are you getting anything on the monitor? Ie. if you have an iOSD are you getting the OSD overlay but not the video signal?

When you say output on the camera you do mean HDMI output rather than the camera mode? Tried other HDMI output modes (like 720p)?

I know, silly questions but I have to ask. :nevreness:

ebeez

Hey Ben!
Not silly questions at all! I am getting nothing on the monitor. I even cycled through the different settings on the LCD, I just get a blue screen. I don't have an OSD so I can't tell if anything is getting through or not. By output yes I mean the HDMI output seting on the camera. A good suggestion.. I have not tried anything but 1080i (just followed the manual for the gimbal) but I will give it a try and let you know.
Thanks for the response.
Eric

Benjamin Kenobi

Hmmm, a blue screen suggests a monitor problem. If it was picking up the transmitter but there was no feed you would likely get a black screen (I think).

Tried flipping through the different channels on the monitor? Are the monitor and transmitter compatible?

ebeez

That's what I thought as well. I have two LCD's and both exhibt the same result. I have also connected and Immersion 600mW transmitter and no luck. I tried two different transmiter and two different receivers. I am startinmg to suspect the GCU now? Here is a question.. in order for the signal to pass through the GCU do you need to have the shutter cable plugged in as well as the HDMI cable?

Benjamin Kenobi

Probably not. I think the shutter release is a one way thing. But have both plugged in as if ready to fly anyway.

I wouldn't start blaming the GCU just yet. It's best not to blame the equipment at first as this impedes your thinking process. It's more likely a setting somewhere at this early stage.

Ever got any signal from the transmitter/monitor or is this all new equipment?

ebeez

This is true.. I have a tendancy to look for the complicated solution first! Have to keep it simple.. The DJI 5.8 video link as new as I got it with the S1000. The Immersion transmitter and receiver is not. I used it on my TBS all the time. In fact for now, as an interim fix, I am using the Immersion with a GoPro that I attached to the S1000 for FPV so I know if works. it must have to do with a camera setting. I thought intially I would have got a black screen and not the blue one. This is telling me that the video signal is not even getting to the receiver.. i think..