Hello there! From N.Y. ( so windy lately)

Hello all,newbie here, great site! I have recently purchased a dji 450 for aerial photography. It has naza lite gps, 1000kv ntm prop drives, 10" props, tarot t2 gimbal running go pro hero 3 and 5.8 G video and a futaba t8j. It came to me with 3 cell 11.1v batts. Two 3000 mah zippy batts and a turnigy 5000 mah 3 cell. As of now, I am using balanced plastic 10" props. My flight times with the 5000 seems too short as when I plug it in I lift off,get situated with about a minute of low flight( 6' to 12') then I shoot up to about 100 ft and after about 20 seconds the red light blinks letting me know to lower to safer heights. I fly about roof height until depleted. A total of 7 mins flight time. With the 3000 zippy, I get about 5 mins. Are there better quality brands to buy for more flight time? I understand the more mah, the heavier. Any ideas on brands for maybe a 8000 mah battery. Also do I have to use 3 cell or can I go to 4 cell. It uses the yellow TGY xt69 connectors to batts.
Also will smaller prop blades give me more control and be smoother? Say 8" or 9" what would I be sacrificing?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks all!

jbrumberg

Flyinarmbar- Welcome. There are a few of is your the NE quadrant of the CONUS we know your weather all too well. There are quite a few dji 450 owner/operators here. Hopefully you'll be getting some helpful suggestions.

Thanks Jb, the technology these machines have blows me away. I'm looking to get some info on a good quality battery for a longer flight time.