Hello from Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania

Jengelh6471

Hi all. I am new to multirotors. I have been into rc things for most of my life. Started with rc cars, but since my father was a pilot in the military, I have been obsessed with things that fly. Flew a couple airplanes but never had the money for a pilots license. So, ate i life and tired of flying simulators, I decided to give rc airplanes a try and found it exhilarating. Unfortunately we lost our flying site, and now there is no where to fly rc airplane near this mountain. So, since I have dabbled into helicopters a bit, I decided to check out multirotors and do some research on them. Found them to be very interesting and thought maybe they would fill my urge to fly in a smaller area. So, before reading the "before you buy" sticky in this forum (lol) I purchased a X525 Kit. Sorry I did. I have no problem putting things together. I love soldering and using tools and completing projecst. The problem was it came with extremely poor quality parts. Instead of putting out the extra money like I should have and buy all the parts separately, I purchased the kit that came with (before I even got it up in the air) a bad esc, a bad motor, missing screws, etc.... So after purchasing new parts. I was ready for my first maiden. Hooked up my new video camera on it and took to the drive way. Up it went. I was immediately hooked. It flew so stable with only the need for the smallest adjustments. Flew it to the end of the driveway, turned it around flew it back towards the house. Just as I turned it around and feeling like this is absolutely awesome, it started to violently oscillate and down he went. I controlled it enough to land it on its skids, so there was no damage. Playing the video back I had noticed a gap between the motor housing and motor. After checking, two of the motors you can nearly pull apart. I'm sure I'll upload pictures and ask about it in the forum before ordering new and better motors. Frustrated, but not deterred. That 4 minute flight was extremely exciting and i am really looking foward to getting it back together and being a part of the multirotor community.

Nice to meet you all!

TheQuadMan

Hi all. I am new to multirotors. I have been into rc things for most of my life. Started with rc cars, but since my father was a pilot in the military, I have been obsessed with things that fly. Flew a couple airplanes but never had the money for a pilots license. So, ate i life and tired of flying simulators, I decided to give rc airplanes a try and found it exhilarating. Unfortunately we lost our flying site, and now there is no where to fly rc airplane near this mountain. So, since I have dabbled into helicopters a bit, I decided to check out multirotors and do some research on them. Found them to be very interesting and thought maybe they would fill my urge to fly in a smaller area. So, before reading the "before you buy" sticky in this forum (lol) I purchased a X525 Kit. Sorry I did. I have no problem putting things together. I love soldering and using tools and completing projecst. The problem was it came with extremely poor quality parts. Instead of putting out the extra money like I should have and buy all the parts separately, I purchased the kit that came with (before I even got it up in the air) a bad esc, a bad motor, missing screws, etc.... So after purchasing new parts. I was ready for my first maiden. Hooked up my new video camera on it and took to the drive way. Up it went. I was immediately hooked. It flew so stable with only the need for the smallest adjustments. Flew it to the end of the driveway, turned it around flew it back towards the house. Just as I turned it around and feeling like this is absolutely awesome, it started to violently oscillate and down he went. I controlled it enough to land it on its skids, so there was no damage. Playing the video back I had noticed a gap between the motor housing and motor. After checking, two of the motors you can nearly pull apart. I'm sure I'll upload pictures and ask about it in the forum before ordering new and better motors. Frustrated, but not deterred. That 4 minute flight was extremely exciting and i am really looking foward to getting it back together and being a part of the multirotor community.

Nice to meet you all!

We
Welcome aboard, I am new to this forum as well not to new to Rc, fling or quads though.. I have a Dji Phantom Vision 2 and love it. I'm looking to buy a F450 or F550 next. I think there is plenty of great info here.
See ya around the forum man