Hello from Connecticut

Mrk172

James from CT here..

Been flying airplanes and helicopters for about 7 years and stumbled across the multirotor arena..

I purchased a DJI Naza 450 setup and also ordered a separate hoverfly sport controller with 4x 60amp speed controllers. Not sure what type of frame or motors I am going to use for the hoverfly yet so time will tell.

Looking forward to learning lots here...

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi James, welcome to the forum!

Last week I stuffed a Hoverfly Sport board into a DJI F330 kit and setup the board in "expert" mode. Very agile and lightning fast response, haven't had much opportunity to fly it yet but appears that it will be quite good at aerobatics :)

You can easily swap the Naza for the HF Sport once you get the feel for how the 450 flys, not a lot of work to change over other than the fact the motors spin differently between the two controllers.

I'm in south eastern Masscahusetts, where in CT are you?

Ken

Mrk172

Thanks.

I'm from Bridgeport, CT. Hopefully the postal system doesn't take forever to deliver my kits. Should be interesting getting setup and flying. I'm not really into AP so sport flying and possible 3D down the road is where I want to go with these things. Thanks for the info on swapping the controllers.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
welcome to the site James, glad you found us. maybe we'll reach critical mass this year and have our first Northeast hover-in.

bart

Mrk172

Guess I won't be getting a Hoverfly unit just yet.. Called today and found out surprizingly that they are on backorder.. Any recommendations for a very good controller? I have the Naza unit already in the mail and due to arrive on 5/5 but I need another controller for my DYI kit.. I want something really good, reliable and fairly simple to setup..

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Guess I won't be getting a Hoverfly unit just yet.. Called today and found out surprizingly that they are on backorder.. Any recommendations for a very good controller? I have the Naza unit already in the mail and due to arrive on 5/5 but I need another controller for my DYI kit.. I want something really good, reliable and fairly simple to setup..

With what capabilites? Autolevel, altitude hold...?

If you both of those in a reliable package and simple to setup, just buy another Naza, there's nothing I can think of that costs the same or less, has the same capabilities and actually works 100%.

Ken

Mrk172

Thanks Ken, I actually just got the exact same advice from someone else. Gonna order another NAZA now..

Appreciate the help.