Hello from Connecticut

Biotechborg

Sam is the name... Cool stuff is the game ...

Hello to all, glad to be apart of the community here. It's the only forum I belong to so far. It's also the first. I've decided to get a little more serious about Drones. I'm interested in FPV racing, and also using the drone for more scientific purposes like land surveys (I'm a Rock Hound), which would mean different sensors and feedback systems. My dream right now is to send a Drone into space and back. I'd really enjoy just flying around space and exploring on my own. Regulations might dampen the effort, but the dream is alive.

If anyone knows how to get into contact with any groups in CT please let me know. Thanks.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome to MRF Bio!

Not sure I can help you get into space - but if you'd like to hook up with other pilots, you can check out the AMA and see where the local fields are in your area. Bound to be some fellow FPV"ers around.

Have fun and fly safe.

F

fengshuidrone

Without any air for the props to push in space (except for in the space station of course) you would need to design an ionic drive drone or rocket powered drone. Who knows what you could do with a 10,000 mah lipo and an ionic drive x 4.

Biotechborg

Moto... thanks.. never knew about AMA... I found 14 clubs in my local area ! Fengshui... thanks for the enlightenment... here's wiki...
Reaction engines[edit]
Main article: Reaction engine
A reaction engine is an engine which provides propulsion by expelling reaction mass, in accordance with Newton's third law of motion. This law of motion is most commonly paraphrased as: "For every action force there is an equal, but opposite, reaction force".

Examples include both duct engines and rocket engines, and more uncommon variations such as Hall effect thrusters, ion drives and mass drivers. Duct engines are obviously not used for space propulsion due to the lack of air; however some proposed spacecraft have these kinds of engines to assist takeoff and landing.

GREAT NOW I JUST HAVE TO... UHHH....