Heavy Lift Y6 Ready-To-Fly w/HoverflyPro FC and Futaba T10 plus many extras

Mactadpole

SOLD!: Heavy Lift Y6 Ready-To-Fly w/HoverflyPro FC and Futaba T10 plus many extras

SOLD!

I am selling my Heavy Lift Y6 to help fund a new project. Originally this copter was a hexa that I converted to a Y6 for redundancy purposes. I rarely fly it because I mainly use my MK X8, the Y6 was a backup I put together. It flys very smooth and is perfect for someone who wants to get their feet wet doing APV with the ability to add a full-size gimbal and landing gear in the future for advanced work. I did attach my Droidworx's extended landing gear with AV130 camera gimbal at one point when it was a hexa and it worked great.

This copter is unique in that it has rubber grommets in the arms that go between the arms and center plates. This technique has worked very well for me at reducing vibrations. I just installed all new grommets for the sale and will include a bag of them for when you want to change them in the future.

It can be flown with 1 or 2 batteries. You just change the orientation of the batteries in the tray to fit 2. Comes with Deans parallel cable to plug in both batteries.

INCLUDES EVERYTHING (frame, fc, transmitter, receiver, etc.) to get flying except lipo battery.

Specs:
  • Weight: 2055g w/o battery
  • Motor-to-motor distance: 673mm (26.5")
  • Flight time (no camera): 4s 4500mah = 7-8 minutes, 2x 4s 4500mah (9000mah total) = 12+ minutes, 4s 6000mah = tbd, 2x 4s 6000mah (12000mah total) = tbd
Equipment included:
  • 9 ea. - Pulso 2814/22 760kV motors - 6 on the copter have seen less than 4-5 hours of use, 2 have less than 2 hours of use (one has a little shaft play), and 1 is brand new in box. These are the same as the Pulso U28-M w/o long wires and short shaft.
  • 8 ea. - RCTimer 30A programmable ESC's - 2 spares
  • 1 ea. - Hoverfly Pro Flight Controller V2 (green board) - has a piece of closed cell foam hot glued to board over altitude sensor to reduce wind effect
  • 1 ea. - Power supply filter for board, LC type - modified with 35 volt capacitor for use with 4s batteries
  • 1 ea. - Custom power distribution ring w/ 8 deans connectors - two sets of auxiliary bullet connectors connected to one of the deans (1 set of bullets used to power LED's) and the other is not in use - emits no electromagnetic interference (at least none that I can detect)
  • 1 ea. - Deans parallel battery connector - allows you to connect two batteries in parallel.
  • 4 ea. - G10 custom center plates - 3 on copter, 1 extra. Can be used to make flat hexa
  • 4 ea. - AGL Hobbies motor mounts - these things are heavy duty with no twisting and always square on the square aluminum arms
  • 7 ea. - 1/2" aluminum arms - custom drilled, 3 extras with lights, 1 extra just drilled
  • 3 ea. - APC 12x3.8 slow flyer propellors - good condition and balanced
  • 3 ea. - APC 12x3.8 slow flyer pusher propellors - good condition and balanced
  • 6 ea. - LED strips for use with 4s batteries - 3 on copter, 3 on extra arms
  • 1 ea. - Lipo alarm
  • 1 ea. - Mikrokopter HiSight III (bridge) 2-axis camera gimbal - works well with HFP board, mounted with 15mm vibration dampeners, roll servo rebuilt recently with new gears
  • 1 ea. - MK FlexLander XL landing gear
  • 1 ea. - Futaba T10CAP transmitter - 2.4ghz 10 channels - comes with original box, manual, battery charger, and neck strap. modified for smooth throttle (no ratchet)
  • 1 ea. - Futaba R6014HS receiver - 14 channels, modified to output buffered RSSI for use with OSD's
  • 1 ea. - Futaba R617FS receiver - 7 channels, extra rx, use it for your fpv practice quad! I currently have this one installed in the copter but will put in the R6014HS when it sells.
  • It will also include all the miscellaneous bits of extra hardware that I have for it. There is quit a bit!
This list does not include miscellaneous items like wire, connectors, hardware, braided wire protector, etc. Most importantly, it does not include the labor and time required to get such a machine flying.

I am asking $1750.00 and I will cover the shipping in the CONUSA. To build this new just the components would cost about $2700.00 US. I have an excellent ebay rating and have completed several transactions through RCGroups with happy buyers. I will sell it without the HFP FC board for $1450.
It will be totally assembled except for the props and landing gear w/gimbal. Only requires 6 nuts to fasten the landing gear/gimbal plate.

I finally shot a video yesterday from the copter. I had changed the bottom props to APC 13x6.5 thin electrics based on a user’s research in the Hoverfly forum. It had the 12x3.8 slow fliers on top. I was running two nano-tech 4s 4500mah in parallel. I had the gopro set on r3 and was mounted on a custom anti-vib plate I made for it, as well as a 1 ounce fishing weight velcro’d on each side of the camera gimbal plate (see pics added below). This gimbal really isn’t the best for video but it does ok and is excellent for photography. I can add some photos taken with it when this copter was a flat hexa upon request. The board was running the most current firmware (v3.1.458) as of today and the gimbal was plugged into the fc and setup with minimal tuning done. The total flying weight was 3.337kg and I got just over 12 minutes of flying time. There was a steady 4-8 mph breeze. Altitude hold worked well; I did not try auto-leveling but it has worked good too, I just don’t really use it. I wasn't trying to fly smoothly for video, just flying around, hovering, and switching AH off/on while doing gain adjustments.

I mounted the droidworx landing gear with AV130 gimbal to the extra bottom plate. I will try to fly it tomorrow (weather dependent) with 4s 6000 single and 2 in parallel.

It flew superbly (just a little gain adjustment needed at the beginning of flight) and really does fly best with some weight added to it. I look forward to getting some video with gh2 under it.

P1010425.jpg

P1010398.jpg

P1010396.jpg

P1010413.jpg

You can see the rubber grommets in the arms top and bottom. Definitely helps reduce vibes!

P1010408.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010403.jpg

P1010406.jpg

P1010423.jpg

Attachments

• P1010396.jpg
    P1010396.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 296
  • P1010408.jpg
    P1010408.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 291
  • P1010399.jpg
    P1010399.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 257
  • P1010413.jpg
    P1010413.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Wow! That's a very comprehensive listing .someone is going to bag a top quality machine.

Just in the early stages of sourcing components for a Y 6 myself.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Mactadpole

Hi Italo,

The camera mount on it will only hold a point and shoot. At one point I attached my droidworx landing gear and AV130 camera gimbal with a Panasonic GH2 and it flew beautifully. Hovered right about center stick. This thing can easily handle a large dslr and would do even better with 13" props. I only have 12" on it right now. As far as shipping to Peru I would be hesitant because of customs. My experience with shipping to South America has been horrible because of destination country customs. You would have to pay the shipping. Sorry.

Shawn

Mactadpole

When I flew this with the Droidworx gear and AV130 gimbal it was perfect. I mostly used the MK HiSight gimbal (comes with it) for stills with a Canon SX200IS which were perfect and a GoPro that would sometimes have a bit of jello. I think that jello could be gotten rid of with some moongel under the camera and some fishing weights attached to the gimbal. The fishing weight method has worked well for me in the past with the GoPro. I don't know what you mean by "Will that board support hover?"

Shawn

Mactadpole

I finally shot a video yesterday from the copter. I had changed the bottom props to APC 13x6.5 thin electrics based on a user’s research in the Hoverfly forum. It had the 12x3.8 slow fliers on top. I was running two nano-tech 4s 4500mah in parallel. I had the gopro set on r3 and was mounted on a custom anti-vib plate I made for it, as well as a 1 ounce fishing weight velcro’d on each side of the camera gimbal plate (see pic added below). This gimbal really isn’t the best for video but it does ok and is excellent for photography. I can add some photos taken with it when this copter was a flat hexa upon request. The board was running the most current firmware (v3.1.458) as of today and the gimbal was plugged into the fc and setup with minimal tuning done. The total flying weight was 3.337kg and I got just over 12 minutes of flying time. There was a steady 4-8 mph breeze. Altitude hold worked well; I did not try auto-leveling but it has worked good too, I just don’t really use it.

I mounted the droidworx landing gear with AV130 gimbal to the extra bottom plate. I will try to fly it tomorrow (weather dependent) with 4s 6000 single and 2 in parallel.

It flew superbly (just a little gain adjustment needed at the beginning of flight) and really does fly best with some weight added to it. I look forward to getting some video with gh2 under it.

IMGP0863.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP0863.jpg
    IMGP0863.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
can i ask how you power your led strips from 14v?your post on RCG seems to suggest they are special ones for14v.
again good luck with the sale.

Mactadpole

can i ask how you power your led strips from 14v?your post on RCG seems to suggest they are special ones for14v.
again good luck with the sale.

Nope, not special and yes they are powered directly from 4s battery. The old LED's I would get from HK would blow on 4s but the new ones I now get run fine on 4s even though they say they are only rated to 12v.

Thanks,

Shawn

Mactadpole

Here are some pics with the Droidworx extended landing gear and AV130 mounted to the extra plate. I included the MK gear and gimbal that come with it for size comparison.

The DW gear and gimbal are not included in the sale.

a4494782-183-P1010474.jpg

a4494783-24-P1010475.jpg

a4494784-249-P1010476.jpg