Head Play or Fat Shark

Kilby

I've been using the older Fat Sharks for about a year now. I really like them, but the built in rx was pretty much crap. I just upgraded it and so far it seems to be working much better. I'll be doing some real distance testing this weekend though to find out for sure.

The Fat Sharks fit really well, but some people get weirded out by being completely emerged into the experience. Someone coule literally walk up to you and you would be none the wiser unless you saw it from the craft. I usually take a spotter with me that watches for both objects in the way of my flight as well as those approaching us on the ground.

i have headplay goggles powered from a small 12v sealed lead acid bike battery in my ruck sack and love them, they fit nice n snug, i would of liked to get the battery to go with them but ive made do with a bike battery which lasts bloody ages anyway!

i like the fat shark intergrated idea, will prob get a set to accompany my headplay ones for my girlfriend to share in my hobby.

Tahoe Ed

I have the Headplay, got them for $99 at Dell.com some time ago. I have set them up with a 3S Lipo for field use. While they block out most light which makes the lcd's viewable, I still like my vizux 920's with a hat. I like the ability to lift up the goggles and check line of sight. I am looking into the mono goggles. That way you have the best of both worlds, line of sight and FPV.

kevinv033

I use Fat Sharks and my buddy who used Headplays has just switched to Fat Sharks. I use mine wirelessly from my ground station and it makes it easier to move around without having to worry about wires. I hear the picture in the headplays are much better, but the Dominators do the job for me.

I am using 1.3GHz for my video downlink, and 5.8 between the goggles and ground station. I could also just go 5.8 since I am using an ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8 Vtx. I could just drop that on my tricopter and stick it in a backpack. It's nice to have options and I think Fat Sharks give you that over Headplay.