Ham radio license?

So I've got a fpv kit on order..do I need to get a radio license? Would I be I'm big trouble if I don't? And witch license do I need..(I here there are 3 differant ones)....where do I get one?

kloner

Aerial DP
what a great handle.....

don't quote me on this but i'm 99% sure you do not need a lic for 2.4 rc and 5.8 video but i could be wrong. For sure you need a 70cm lic for rc controllers like ezuhf, dragonlink and the like. for sure 1280 video and 900 video need a license. It's not a problem unless you interfere with the wrong guy and they track you down or you have an incident and are investigated by the wrong people.

you do want a license here http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/index.html

and study here https://hamstudy.org

Ok...that's useful info..thanks...I'm getting 5.8ghz fpv system I think it comes with 600mW video transmitter...I'm new to this but really interested...and I'm sure ill be upgrading my system...

Oh...thanks for the compliment kloner...silly I know...but a small reminder where I know I don't want to go back to...in a way this RC Hobby has changed my life in a great way! My place looks like a hobby shop... :)

kloner

Aerial DP
it's online and cheap. until your around people that are flying or working with it, wouldn't worry too much. I just got mine a month ago, started using the gear in Aug.... Was at a live feed network broadcast working and almost got in trouble

JG-rn

it's online and cheap. until your around people that are flying or working with it, wouldn't worry too much. I just got mine a month ago, started using the gear in Aug.... Was at a live feed network broadcast working and almost got in trouble
I'll get the license, I just can't do it for another 5 weeks or so. I'm up to my ears right now doing my grad degree and the semester is over the end of March.

Just curious, if a cop were to see me with the gear and find I didn't have the license, what kind of fine am I looking at?

JG-rn

Btw, you says its online...I'm looking at a website that says I must appear in person for the test?

kloner

Aerial DP
it's not a cop, it's the FCC. you gotta screw up in front of a network thing like me or transmit ilegaly across somebody. i've never heard of people getting int rouble, but i bet it's a big fine. Cops don't understand anything about this stuff.

JG-rn

it's not a cop, it's the FCC. you gotta screw up in front of a network thing like me or transmit ilegaly across somebody. i've never heard of people getting int rouble, but i bet it's a big fine. Cops don't understand anything about this stuff.

Gotcha.