h3-d3 gimbal issues

andym

Hi all, newbie here...
I crashed my phantom with the gimbal attached into a pool. I sent the phantom 2 to get repaired. Got it back and it works well. The only issue is that the gimbal is constantly moving back and forth. Anybody know how I can fix it and if I can't fix it myself and need to send it off, where would I send it? I am able to rotate the camera up and down via the RC but thats all. I have tried to recalibrate the RC and the phantom 2 but that doesn't help. I have been looking all weekend and posted on other forums but haven't gotten an answer.

Phantom 2 w/ H3-D3 ginbal.

Ronan

Hi all, newbie here...
I crashed my phantom with the gimbal attached into a pool. I sent the phantom 2 to get repaired. Got it back and it works well. The only issue is that the gimbal is constantly moving back and forth. Anybody know how I can fix it and if I can't fix it myself and need to send it off, where would I send it? I am able to rotate the camera up and down via the RC but thats all. I have tried to recalibrate the RC and the phantom 2 but that doesn't help. I have been looking all weekend and posted on other forums but haven't gotten an answer.

Phantom 2 w/ H3-D3 ginbal.

Kind of answered yourself there buddy ;) Electronics might have gotten damaged, maybe one or more motors, or even bent frame.

Sorry to hear about your crash, luckily you did not hurt anyone or damage anyone's property. What happen?

andym

I flew it over to my neighbors house and it started flying erratically (he is a ham radio operator) , it clipped the railing around the pool and tumbled in. Is there a way to diagnose the problem? If not where to send it for repairs?

Ronan

I'm surprised you flew it over someone's house... most people won't appreciate that, especially with all the drama going on.

Have you tried plugging your phantom 2 onto your computer and see what the phantom 2 assistant tool say's? You can check the gimbal settings on it.

As to where to send it, no clue, probably DJI and pray & hope they fix it. Have you contacted your dealer?