Greetings!

Ken Stephens

I bought a Dromida Ominus last Fall. It is a great beginner quad copter.
I have an issue with the motors, so am here to learn how to troubleshoot.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello Ken and welcome to MultiRotorForums.com! There's a lot going on at the moment even if the site seems a little quiet.

What kind of problems are you having? How much time is on your Dromida and how much of that time has been spent crashing? :)

Ken Stephens

I've got about 5-10 hours on the Ominus. I still have the original blades!! This is one tough drone. Excellent for a newbie. I flew R/C years ago, so much came back once I started to get a feel for the unit. I found out early that with the small size, it can't take much wind, so much of my early time was in the basement or garage.

ProfEngr

I've flown mine in 5-10mph. Tricky but doable. Not so easy buzzing around in the house though. I wish the FPV was closer to realtime.

What is your motor issue?

Ken Stephens

Well, at first I thought the unit was unstable due to winds blowing over the house. However, it suddenly flipped and fell to the ground. The left front motor would not spool up. Thinking the battery was getting low, I charged it and checked all fitting . Inside the house, the same motor would not spool up. Last night I switched it with its direction mate, and confirmed the motor is dead. So, I guess I need to run to the hobby shop (darn) and pick up a motor. Probably when there I will grab a spare of the other side in case 1 fails. Is this normal for a motor to die? Being my first drone, I don't know how long things usually last.

ProfEngr

Mine have survived about a dozen batteries and a crash that broke a frame arm. There is the possibility that yours suffered 'infant mortality' and it's just one of those things. They are brush-type motors afterall. I haven't had the time to play with mine like I'd hoped. :( Managed to get some decent aerials from the camera so far. A bird's-eye from 200' up is enlightening at 720p.

The original intent was to learn the ropes on this then move up to a brushless design & real-time FPV & goggles for the immersive experience. So far I haven't even done the first gutter inspection with it (got wife approval w/ that idea).