Graupner connection issues!

ebawho

Hey guys. I excitedly went out today to do the initial flight test of my freshly built cinestar 8 with mkboards only to be cut short when I couldn't get more than 10-15ft away without signal dropping completely. I did some testing and even putting the transmitter behind my back at 5-6 feet away cut the connection severely.

I have the MX20 with a GR16 receiver. I also have a mx12 with GR12 for my gimbal (but these were not in use at the time) with this combo I have no issues with range at all in the same location.

I tested the MX20 and receiver on my gimbal and also had the same signal issues, so I am assuming it is a receiver and/or transmitter issue. Will the MX12 work in the mean time with the gr12 to fly the cinestar while i work these issues out? Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Hi, just a thought. Do you have anything using the 2.4 band as well such as data link or video a video transmitter? Where is your receiver positioned? I hear bec`s can cause issues if there close.

ebawho

I did some more testing and I think I have narrowed it down to a bad rx. Just to make it all clear:

The MX-20 and Gr-16 where having serious range issues, I tested again in another location and had the same issue, I tested the mx12 and gr12 in the same location and had no problems. I then bound the mx20 to the gr12 and it worked perfectly.

I am no expert when it comes to graupners, but I feel it is safe to assume that there is some hardware problem with the GR-16?