GPS slow caused by VTX?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I have two GPS receivers on my Discovery, one for the Naza and one for my EagleTree FPV OSD. I think my 600Mw ImmersionRC VTX is interfering with both GPS units, while mounted physically as far away as possible, I think the VTX is still bleeding over the Frequency for the GPS modules.

It seems very slow, slower then it used to be without the VTX for GPS to lock, and when it does, it may loose satellite signal and give one red flash while in the Green or Orange.

Should I buy a SAW filter for my VTX? if so where do you get yours from and what are the adverse affects from using a filter?

Thanks in advance.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Is this a known issue in general?

I am having issues with the new 5.24 firmware on my WKM loosing satellite. May be I should try it with out the VTX powered on.

Dave

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I was thinking of doing the same, it was worse before I moved the GPS antenna more to the rear of the Discovery, I had bad trouble trying to get a lock. Transmitters always radiate out in an 360° pattern around the antenna, which will cover the GPS antenna in 5.8Ghz waves, I know the GPS is in the 1.5Ghz domain, but I am sure it can't help matters... lol

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Anyone?

°~------------------------------------~°
Sent from my electronic telecommunications thingy using my fingers and this Tapatalk do jiggy.

Vojec

Have the same setup WKM 5.18- no need to upgrade it :) and 600Mw ImmersionRC. They are 30cm apart-GPS on top of copter and it flies like butter... 10 sec gps lock, good video signal also no issue...

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I have about 2 minutes on the ground for DJI GPS lock, and another minute for my EagleTree GPS.

deluge2

Have you compared the time required for max GPS lock at same location, same time both with and without VTx powered on? You would have to completely power down between runs and should probably do more than one replicate of each condition (VTx on vs. VTx off).

If that shows consistent delayed lock with vtx on, then you have some adverse VTx effect.

Steve

I have about 2 minutes on the ground for DJI GPS lock, and another minute for my EagleTree GPS.