Gps instability and go home woes

Hello!

Been out testing the failsafes again today.

In atti mode the Heli is flying well, but when I switch to gps-atti the Heli becomes twitchy and a little unpredictable.

My major issue is that when
I activate go home, the Heli gains a little altitude as expected and then violently twitches on pitch and roll followed by about a 180 degree clockwise yawn. At this point I am switch out of go home.

All the videos i have seen don't show any yawning behaviour.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

ATFlyer

The aircraft will return to home travelling forwards, so if you switch to fail safe or RTH when it is facing away from you it will yaw around. All the failsafe/RTH actions happen pretty quickly.

I can't comment on GPS twitchyness though.

Last edited by a moderator:

I assume that this is a Naza-M system?

Make sure your gains are not too high. Make sure you did the GPS location setup in the Naza software or you'll get the toilet bowl effect. Finally, Calibrate your GPS(the multicopter dance if you will).

In the beginning for me, in GPS mode it twitched a lot and would drift. After getting out a ruler and putting in better numbers in my GPS Setup in the Naza Software and recalibrating the GPS mine flies amazing in GPS mode.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi there. I agree with above. Adjust gains and recalibrate your GPS. Check your centre of gravity is spot on and it should all fall into place.

Have fun with it! When it's setup it will be great!

Using Tapatalk...

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ps- if it ain't right in GPS mode don't even try RTH. That's just an extension of the GPS mode.

Using Tapatalk...

Thanks peeps. After taking your advice and calibrating gps and accurately measuring IMu and aerial locations we had flawless gps and failsafes results this weekend.

Thanks.

MPC