GoPro LCD BacPac

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The lastest accessory in the GoPro line, just received mine and tried it out on my spare HD Hero...

IMG_0167a.jpg

IMG_0168a.jpg

IMG_0169a.jpg

IMG_0170a.jpg

IMG_0171a.jpg

IMG_0174a.jpg

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken,
How long does the std. battery last in a GoPro?

The factory battery without the new LCD screen will last a bit over 2 hours of run time, far longer than the memory card I'm using has capacity for. I charge it before I go out to use it and I've never even come close to using up all the battery even being at the field all day and doing multiple A/V flights. If I were using it primarily as my FPV cam then I could see it maybe getting low on battery if I did a lot of flying in one day, but so far not a problem. Now with the LCD attached, that's a completely different story, though you can turn the screen off while it's mounted so if you only use it as needed then it shouldn't have a big impact on battery life.

Ken can you post some pics of your GoPro with the modified lens please

IMG_0178a.jpg

IMG_0177a.jpg

IMG_0175a.jpg

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
An added benefit of the LCD screen, you can step through the setup menu in a readable format. If you own a GoPro and change settings much you'll really appreciate this feature...

IMG_0182a.jpg

If you hold down the on/off button for the LCD it brings up another menu that lets you view videos and stills on the memory card, good for checking what you just recorded on the the last flight.

Ken