GoPro Hero3 gimbal to put on my f550

bennydesdieux

Hi,
I'm looking for a GoPro Hero3 gimbal to put on my f550.
Zenmuse is very expensive.
Is anyone use the AeroXcraft gimbal and landing gear kit?

Any suggestions,

Thanks.

PS. We have bought from Infinite Jib a ready to fly EYEDRONE 8 for filming. Works great. I fly the craft and i have a cameraman to operate the camera.
The tech that use to work on it has left so i have to learn now.
He bought the f550 built it but now it's missing parts. It flies, but now i want to go FPV with it.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
You can find a few inexpensive landing gear types here... http://www.gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=183&cat=Multi-rotor+Landing+Gear

For an inexpensive and as close to ready to fly GoPro H3 gimbal as there is on the market, I recommend this one, around $180 shipped to the USA, includes the controller board... http://www.foxtechfpv.com/gopro-twoaxis-brushless-gimbalwith-gyropreorder-p-1096.html You can buy 3 of these for less than the cost of 1 DJI GoPro gimbal!

I have one of the Tarot gimbals along with two other GoPro size brushless and the Tarot is by far the best of the lot and the least expensive. This is one of the first test flights I did with it using completely out of the box setup, never even hooked it up to a computer before flying it...

As you can see I wasn't being gentle on it, I wanted to see just how well it works and it proved to me that this one is well worth the price.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Will this gimbal also fit on the first gopro

Gr

Unfortunately no, the Tarot is designed specifically for the Hero 3. For the older GoPro I use the RCTimer GoPro gimbal... http://www.rctimer.com/product_872.html

I have two of them both setup with Alexmos controllers, not as plug and play as the Tarot but you can use any camera that will fit inside the frame. Here's the same quad I had the Tarot mounted to for the other video, this time with one of the RCTimer gimbals and an old Hero HD camera. I recorded this last weekend while out doing a little FPV flying...

I doubt that any other brushless GoPro size gimbal can do any better than this given how its being flown, and that includes the much more expensive DJI H3-2D.

Ken

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Not bad but your mounting needs to be sorted so that the gimbal sits well forward so none of the quad are in view, the legs I posted a link to let you do this.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Not bad but your mounting needs to be sorted so that the gimbal sits well forward so none of the quad are in view, the legs I posted a link to let you do this.

Having the frame in view is intentional, I like to see how much the frame is moving vs what the camera is doing on the gimbal when I'm testing. I have plenty of gimbals with no view of the frame, mostly on hex at the moment, the quad is an FPV beater and testbed.

Ken