GoPro Hero2 Lens

Kilby

Have any of you seen the new GoPro lens from RageCams.com? They have a nice collection of sizes and options, and even for the new GP2 model.

I think I might get the 4mm. They fit in the case still (unlike the sunex) and give me a 95 degree fov @ 1080. I saw they have some night vision lens as well. That might be interesting since the Go Pro has always been very bad in low light.

http://ragecams.com/shop/index.php/cPath/56

-Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Figured I would bump this. I know with all the GoPro users on this board that SOMEONE has got to be sick of the fisheye lens and looking to replace it.

So has anyone else seen these yet? It looks to be brand new to the market.

-Terry

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi Terry

im thinking of getting a gopro in the next couple months and gotta say it looks good that the 4mm still fits in the case

i will be sticking my gopro on a pole and stuffing it underwater now and then while fishing so to keep it waterproof its great

i read a few months back as you say quite a few people did the sunex lense change over

but ive also seen that alot of editing software has plugins etc to remove the fisheye effect

how well and how good not sure as havnt needed to use them as of yet

i suppose i will find out when i get me gopro how bad i will want to get rid of the fisheye etc

ie do i live with it and edit it out with software or just bite the bullit and change out the lense

realy it needs someone who has done the sunex fix to try it and see if there is any difference or other benefits than that it fits the case

im gonna watch this thread as im also intrested but not sure if i want to rip the cam apart second day or week after buying it

keith