Good indoor / outdoor trainer???

rhoffart

I have a Hubsen X4 and it's really fun to fly but I would like to step up the size a bit ... and the flight time.

What is a good smallish, durable trainer … that is a little bigger than the X4?

CdA D

Check the Blade MQX. I found it easy to work with and still use it for skills and stick control. I have the BNF. There are a few others out there.

jbrumberg

I do not have a MQX, but many experienced flyers swear by them as a great trainer. I like my 3 axis stabilized SYMA X1 mini's. For ~$30 and they will bind with any 9X Tx. Mini's are by their size a little large for serious indoor flying, but they are good for orientation exercises indoors. They can handle wind up to 5 mph reasonably well with decent -EXPO settings. With the standard 350mAh battery I get ~ 6 minute flight times in normal operating weather. With my 600mAh batteries I get ~11 minute flight times in normal operating conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbrumberg

The V959 has a great following at RCG. It is very similar in design to the X1. It is bigger, and you have those different toy modules that you can add too. It's pretty cool. I think that model and the V9x9+ in that series are the only quads that will now bind with the 9X Tx. I think that WL Toys is going with their own proprietary Tx protocol for all their quads now even the "3 axis" quads from what posts that I am reading at RCG. Another reason I do not like WL Toys anymore. Ever since the V2x2 stuff.

Good luck with your V959. I bought my BIL one for Christmas and a V939. Keep it in the air and out of the trees.