Good flight simulator for 450/550

Just getting started in the hobby with a 550 build.

Picked up a Taranis FrSky radio and looking to practice with a simulator.

Can anyone advise on a good one? Ideally I can use it with my radio.

Thanks for any advice. I'm super nooob so if you can keep the info lay perspective it will probably be useful for all beginners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earp

New here as well, but I asked the question a month ago else where. The vast majority of people said just to get a Nano QX or Hubsan X4 and practice flying with that.

gringers

Preoccupied
I used the Phoenix sim alongside flying a Blade MQX (the MQX is one of the two stock multirotor models in the sim too).

I actually quite liked Phoenix but as I've said in another post, personally, I don't think there's any substitute for 'real' flying and the MQX was a superb tool for that.

Not really familiar with the Hubsan but I would go MQX over Nano QX because the MQX is (just) big enough to fly outdoors even in a light breeze. I suspect trying to fly the Nano QX outdoors would be virtually impossible unless you get a totally still day. It's flying outdoors that starts getting you (well me at least!) used to orientation and distance. Plus you can't do flips and rolls indoors ;-)

I used the Phoenix sim alongside flying a Blade MQX (the MQX is one of the two stock multirotor models in the sim too).

I actually quite liked Phoenix but as I've said in another post, personally, I don't think there's any substitute for 'real' flying and the MQX was a superb tool for that.

Not really familiar with the Hubsan but I would go MQX over Nano QX because the MQX is (just) big enough to fly outdoors even in a light breeze. I suspect trying to fly the Nano QX outdoors would be virtually impossible unless you get a totally still day. It's flying outdoors that starts getting you (well me at least!) used to orientation and distance. Plus you can't do flips and rolls indoors ;-)

will the MQX pair with a Taranis FrSky or a Devo 7?

Earp

Not at all! The Nano QX works just fine in a light breeze, and is rather fun to fight gusts with. Highly recommend the nano QX. Anyways the MQX is discontinued, and I believe the nano qx has a better flight control.

gringers

Preoccupied
Not at all! The Nano QX works just fine in a light breeze, and is rather fun to fight gusts with. Highly recommend the nano QX. Anyways the MQX is discontinued, and I believe the nano qx has a better flight control.

Ahh ok! I just guessed by looking at the specs that it would be too small to be much use outside but good to know.

I also didn't know the MQX was discontinued, guess I better snap up some spares whilst they're still around! God knows, I break enough of them :)