Geotagging (GPS) of photos

Maw.

Hello,
I want to geotag my photos. So I´m taking pictures with Canon EOS 550D and want to see in which GPS-coordinates and height the photos are taken.
Maybe Wookong has a GPS-file of each flight and I can sync the GPS-time with the camera time to geotag the photos?

Best regards,
Marc

soler

Hello,
I want to geotag my photos. So I´m taking pictures with Canon EOS 550D and want to see in which GPS-coordinates and height the photos are taken.
Maybe Wookong has a GPS-file of each flight and I can sync the GPS-time with the camera time to geotag the photos?

Best regards,
Marc

You will need the IOSD MK2, (not the min) this has a log that you can download but no time stamp so you will need to remember when you connected power as this is when the log starts recording. This can be the tricky bit, others have discussed using a small GPS data logger to do the same thing, this having the benefit of time stamps so you can line these up with your photos.

The IOSD can be used with any of the DJI Controllers.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
some cameras have GPS receivers built into them and they stamp each photo with GPS data, I think Sony makes a compact camera with this feature.

leofuica

some cameras have GPS receivers built into them and they stamp each photo with GPS data, I think Sony makes a compact camera with this feature.

Yeah right...or use a GPS and rec track....and use a software that mach every pic with track.....

Gbillerty

Just get a simple GPS data logger. It's lightweight!

I have a 5Hz logger to record flight track for GIS applications. I download the track file to my computer and then use a tool to write the exif data onto the pictures. You have to set camera date and time to sync with your GPS data logger.

Keep your 550D, buy a data logger. If you dont need that much accuracy, you can get one for less than 50$

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Just get a simple GPS data logger. It's lightweight!

I have a 5Hz logger to record flight track for GIS applications. I download the track file to my computer and then use a tool to write the exif data onto the pictures. You have to set camera date and time to sync with your GPS data logger.

Keep your 550D, buy a data logger. If you dont need that much accuracy, you can get one for less than 50$

links? :)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Canon do a GPS tagging device for their cameras. Not sure what they are like and perhaps a bit expensive but it is called a GP-E2 if you are interested. Plugs directly into the camera's hot-shoe and automatically tags the photos