G'Day All

Spinning Magnet

All's Well That Ends Well
Thought I would park myself right into this forum group for the long haul, basically Ive decided this scene is gonna assist me to get my lure right where I want it, smack down the barra's gob, Lol.

Yes Im a keen land base fisho & I need to take every angle possible to get my lure where I cant humanly possibly cast, swim or paddle out to due to the lizards that call our creeks & coast line home, up here in Far North Queensland Australia that is.

Pretty stoked about finding this forum, I reckon all the info Im going to need is somewhere here, the closest hobby shop to me is 1200km round trip, so gonna be purchasing all the bits and pieces off the net, and Im sure I will be asking questions when Ive got myself into a corner & all wrapped up in fence wire.

Cheers All :livid:

Spinning Magnets

kloner

Aerial DP
very cool..... I am into offshore fishing so i get it.... this is a really easy to do thing, your just gonna have to get used to picking up on problems before they manifest into crashing or flying away.... over water is obviously a much taller challenge...

welcome to mrf

Spinning Magnet

Hi Kloner,

Thanks for the heads up on the areas you mentioned, I'm a bit unsure on this flying away business, I can understand crash & burn, but flying away, Lol sounds like they have a mind of their own and want to escape.

I have noticed its a regular mentioned item this flying away business, read up on the Naza V2 tutorial & this was the best description I have ever read as far as explaining the Naza V2, and Bert (I think his name was) did mention in keeping the initial set simple & not to use all the more in depth features as this leads to more problems than anything, like he mentioned learn the flying craft & understanding what everything does well first before starting to dwell into the more in depths set ups.

Cheers
Spinning Magnets

kloner

Aerial DP
it's from lack of maintnance, these things are so good at what they do they cover up alot of problems till they manifest into much more exciting offerings... mind of there own, no....

Spinning Magnet

Gotcha, actually I have not really thought into maintenance as yet, been so busy trying to find out the build scenario that probably one of the most important things post build being maintenance has not been even thought about yet, I could imagine the simple things to keep an eye on, but I'm sure its probably a little more into it than what a green horn like me thinks

kloner

Aerial DP
in particular motors and motor bearings.... we log em, we measure with ir thermometers, and esc.... i still always find em by feel, through flight, i see the motors start to fail cause it'll start bouncing around for no reason..... twice now it's happened mid flight, once i saved it, once she went in, fully dressed and my fully dressed is alot

Spinning Magnet

Placed your tips in my little log book of maintenance to do list, thanks for the tips you've given me Kloner, it seems this new hobby of mine (apart from catch and release) is going to be the answer to my boredom, Lol

Vortex

Hi SM and welcome to the MR Forum.

Let me know when you go MR fishing.......I might just come watch ;)

Regards,

Lance

Spinning Magnet

Hey Vortex,

Good to meet up with someone up my end of the world, no probs in you tagging along on a day out fishing, Kloner I target mainly Barra (Barramundi), but i do chase the Mackerel of the rocks when they are on the run, its my favorite eating fish, I don't let them suckers ever go back to the wild, they end up finishing their carrier in my chest freezer Lol, I also do a lot of Reef fishing as well, we are pretty lucky here that we have the Great Barrier Reef as our back yard, and their is so many fin species to target, I think Im very lucky to reside in a place that has so much great fishing opportunities, not to mention the great Marlin we get running through in October.

Just got back from Bloomfield, was a great weekend out, this is why I want to get into these multirotors, when I get proficient enough with maneuvering them I can set it up so I can scan the estuaries from above for recon use, and also would be awesome way to video our fishing experiences.

My biggest delema at the moment is what to build, as funds are a bit tight at the moment, I would prefer to spend my funds wisely and purchase the right platform that is going to be able to be equipped with what I want to do down the track, so I really need to choose my platform carefully, I have been looking at the Tarot 680 Pro, and I can pick a ARF kit very reasonably priced, it seems to be a good start for me as it will be able to be adapted to my final intended use when I'm ready, its important that whatever I get needs to be robust, and must have folding arms, as I need to able to pack it with all my camping gear in my tinnie, I might post a suggestion in the lounge to get some feedback on what may be good platforms, as I don't want to purchase anything until I get some recommendations that I can read into, their is a helicopter club in Cairns & was thinking of going down and meeting them to get some assistance in learning to flying it.

Cheers All

Spinning Magnets

Vortex

Sounds like a good plan SM......The Cairns Miniature Heli Club is a good place to start. Drop in and see Bernie.....He has been flying MRs for a while now and I'm not sure where's he's at with them now, but has a heap of experience and is a really nice guy.

From my experience the TBS Disco is an amazing platform and I use one as my practice ship. They are FPV equipped, you can strap on a GoPro and fly like a dream.......

Give me a shout if you need any help.

Regards,

Lance

Spinning Magnet

Thanks Lance,

Your a Champion, I will look into the platform you mentioned that you used, we should try and organize a meet up when Im next down your way in Cairns, maybe the Brothers Tavern or something, Im living further up north of Cooktown, but we are looking at moving to possibly to Mossman, as looks like I might have a gig at sugar mill for this coming sugar harvest season.

Spinning Magnets (Tony)