G-Lock 3 Axis Stabilisation system

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So here we go...

I am going to post a step by step guide as I progress through the upgrade of a single axis radian stabilisation unit to a full functioning 3 axis unit which will be mounted on my Photohigher 360 AV200 gimbal.

The Radian I am gong to use is one that was kindly sent to me by Ben Rowland from Yonder Blue Films (edit courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Admin, BC :) ) to try the new G-Lock system on.

The first thing you will need to do is download the G-Lock instructions here

http://carvecsystem.co.uk/Downloads/G-LockUserManual.pdf

AND READ THEM

Thats what I am off to do right now. For a taster of how it should perform after the upgrade check out his video

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok Now after faffing with windowz far files and a few good luck cliks I managed to open the bootloader and connect to the Radian to reterive the upgrade code. I am sure for all windowz users on here it will be a breeze, just being a mac baby I am afraid I just like clicking install job done!

Now just waiting for the upgrade code

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
dave, is that the thing that lets you use a single radian as a 3 axis controller? can't imagine why Freefly would want anyone to buy three of something when one would do.......hmmmmmm....why would they do that?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the video above says it's a three axis BRUSHLESS controller......did you do a brushless conversion to your AV-200?

Have fun with it Dave!

Watch the spelling - Ben Rowland, Yonder Blue Films :black_eyed:

edit: fixed it. BC. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm very interested to see how you get on with this Dave. I am intending to wait on the G-Lock system until the brushless driver and signal master thingies are ready. I think it promises to be a super quality and flexible way of building a brushless gimbal (cinestar conversion in my case), but I am not convinced that the improvements on a servo driven gimbal will be worth the cost of the G-Lock upgrade.

Cheers

Andrew

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well its up and running on two axis tilt and roll, Pan next.

Like everything you need to try and read the manual but as it has been written by the brains behind this I will try and help as many as I can by making this thread a info hub for it.

Aye Up Bart.. this is JUST as single Radian doing three axis.. noit brushless yet the there is a converter coming. There is other gizmos as well but lets just stick with the basics first.

I have it running nice and smooth on a servo driven AV200.. There is so much to learn but hopefully over the coming days it the smoke will clear and it will be a great alternitive to anything else out there.

Ben Sorry for the spelling mistakes but I am posting from windowz and it cant seem to understand my english! Thanks again for the Radian to try this on

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I'm very interested to see how you get on with this Dave. I am intending to wait on the G-Lock system until the brushless driver and signal master thingies are ready. I think it promises to be a super quality and flexible way of building a brushless gimbal (cinestar conversion in my case), but I am not convinced that the improvements on a servo driven gimbal will be worth the cost of the G-Lock upgrade.

Cheers

Andrew

It is if you have an octo on a wkm or A2

Kari

dave, is that the thing that lets you use a single radian as a 3 axis controller? can't imagine why Freefly would want anyone to buy three of something when one would do.......hmmmmmm....why would they do that?

To be honest, why i'm not surprised at all. Because they could.

But will definitely test the brushless version when driver comes available and if it's reasonably priced.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry for not continuing with this project but something big has come up.. I will be back on it either later today or tomorrow

Dave