Futaba to Taranis

iflyrc_vic

image.jpg I have a quad that I have been flying for a couple of years using my Futaba 9C TX with a FrSky 2.4 MHz module upgrade. The Quad has a FrSky D8R-II Plus receiver and Naza flight controller with GPS. Everything works fine but I want to transfer everything over to my Taranis X9D Plus transmitter. Can someone please give me some step by step help to get this done?
Thanks,
-Vic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 502

iflyrc_vic

View attachment 29327 I have a quad that I have been flying for a couple of years using my Futaba 9C TX with a FrSky 2.4 MHz module upgrade. The Quad has a FrSky D8R-II Plus receiver and Naza flight controller with GPS. Everything works fine but I want to transfer everything over to my Taranis X9D Plus transmitter. Can someone please give me some step by step help to get this done?
Thanks,
-Vic
OK, I made some progress. I got the Naza-M Companion program working again. Windows 10 had some issues with the driver. So now I have the sticks calibrated and the 3-position switch working properly. My issue now is arming the system. On the Futaba, I used the inward-down position of the sticks. That is not working with the Taranis. Any ideas on how to get the system armed?

jamesb72

Have you completed transmitter calibration in Naza assistant and confirmed each stick covers full channel range, as to arm with sticks down/in you need full travel on all 4 channels (probably why they chose this, as its a last minute check you have channels calibrated), so if one is only getting ~90% say it won't arm.

There are a bunch of Taranis Naza setup video's in youtube, so worth checking some of them for anything else.

(I've not used Taranis, but setup a lot of Phantom1's back in the Day with Naza-M on Spektrum radio's).

iflyrc_vic

I did a quick check of the sticks to insure they were arranged in the correct order - AIL, THR, RUD, ELV. I will do a more thorough stick calibration to see if that resolves the issue.

jamesb72

I would also double check you have the stick directions correct, as that will stop arming (and make flying very difficult), I haven't done a setup for ages, but remember it wasn't that easy to work out which way left/right/up/down should be on the sliders, so worth double checking manual.

iflyrc_vic

I would also double check you have the stick directions correct, as that will stop arming (and make flying very difficult), I haven't done a setup for ages, but remember it wasn't that easy to work out which way left/right/up/down should be on the sliders, so worth double checking manual.
Turns out the aileron was reversed. Once corrected, she armed and flew perfectly.
Thanks,
-Vic