Futaba R617FS Receiver Power

AlienNet

Hi all i am new to this multicopter craze and i would like to ask a question, i am building a quad at the moment, its a 585mm size with KK2.0 Control board and 4 Turnigy 30a ESPs the Receiver is a Futabs R617FS (2.4G) (TX is a Futaba 6EX) i have a Power distribution board fitted to supply 11.1v to each ESP, from my battery, Now being a newbie here is whats confusing me, How do i power my 6v Receiver ? from an 11.1v battery, do i need to use a separate 6v battery or how else can this be done, and replies much appreciated

Efliernz

Pete
If the esc's have inbuilt 5-6V bec's, motor 1's esc/bec will power the KK2 board which will power the receiver through the receiver leads.
The power is wired internally across the KK2. Cool eh ;)

Pete

bensid54

In the case of some ESCs where there is no BEC or five to six volt power supply from the ESC in that case you need to put in a remote BEC. Those are available at Hobby King for under $20 and run off the lypo battery power, you just need to make sure it has the proper voltage in and voltage out. Also there are cases that if you plug in more than one ESC bec into the receiver you can fry one or both ESC you need to check out the specs at the website you bought your electronics, if it's Hobby King look under the files tab of the item you bought.