Futaba R3008SB Channel 9 & 10 using S-Bus, connected to Naza MV2 ..How?

Hi there,

I've currently got a F10J, with R3008SB connecteced to Naza MV2 via S-Bus which is working/flying well. My question is how to get channels 9&10?

I am presuming that I need a 2nd R3008SB, but then do I set it to mode C or D (my thinking) and how do I link them so that the10J sees both? The manual is a little vague on this. Or do I have to revert to std servo connections to Naza to gain Chnl 9 & 10?

Sorry if its obvious
Regards
Mike

Just understanding the manual really. Oh and reading the small *print.
Basically the R3008SB comes by default in mode B which is how I currently have it 8 output channels 1-7PWM 8-S.BUS (which is how I have it currently using Ch8only, (S.BUS) to Naza Mv2).

If you want all 10 channels PWM you need 2x R3008SB one in Mode A (PWM 1-8), & second in Mode C (9 & 10 PWM on ouputs 1&2, no S.Bus) or Mode D(9 & 10 on 1&2 with S.Bus on 8)

OR 1x Rx all 10 Channels by S.Bus or S.bus2

The manual is a pain WRT linking the 2nd Rx just states "When using 2x RX, perform the linking operation the same as the 1st Rx" in very small print!

You can however get 9 channels & S.Bus (losing Channel 8) with 1x R3008SB if you set Rx to Mode D (9&10 on output 1&2 in PWM & S.Bus on output 8) as I understand it, as Ch 1-7 can be had through the S.Bus direct to Naza with 9&10 as PWM (for say retracts/lights etc).

I have yet to get anything connected to 9+10 as was holding off until I'd worked it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi ShackFlyer, thanks for that info, as you say very complicated for the first time.
I have the R6208SB receiver and use S-Bus, my T10CHG has 10 channels and to get the last 2 to control my gimbal and switching cameras FPV and GoPro I purchased the S-Bus hub and Dec Sbd expander (3 more channels if the radio has them I will only be using two). The Clu-2 usb programmer allows configuring of the dec sbd's extra channels (in my case channel 9 & 10).

This is another option but its not cheap, it cost me $100.00

Regards - bruce

Quinton

I don't get it both of you should be able to get at least 10 channels with the 1 rx and nothing else.
You should be able to use the S-bus to connect the first 8 channels then put the servo leads in directly for channel 9, 10 (1 and 2) as long as you are in mode B or D

I see that F10J actually has Multirotor and helicopter menus in it now, how is that working out?

Naza taking the S.Bus connection can only use/access 7 channels.

10J multirotor setting just removes some of the menu options from Accro/Heli.
Otherwise it's a nice set & easy to program. I prefer it to my DX6 to program.