Full CFRP Multi Rotor OCTO Heavy Lift

Kingo

Hi All,

I am almost finishing my first prototype X8 Multicopter.

Centre platform is 25cm Dia
2mm 3k Machined CFRP
18mm CFRP Booms 450mm Long (motor to motor size of 1000mm)
ESC's mounted inboard on the platform adjacent to the booms
Injection moulded engine mounts for the booms, with vertical index locators
Vibration isolators mounts for each motor
Each Arm is quick release using a single clip and no tools.
All wiring is inside the booms.
The boom connector will have 3x4mm pins for esc-motor drive and 6x1mm pins for connecting LED's or servos at the end of each boom. no wiring.. Just plug and play.
Landing gear legs will be retractable via a servo.
The camera mount plate will vibration isolated using an o-ring setup.
I will be selling these withing the next 45 days for anyone who is interested.

The price should be around 650USD full set with no electrics, or 1150 with 8 motors and 8 ESC's, and none of the extra prices for landing gear.. IMU plates.. battery mounts.. and and and and.

I can get a great price if anyone wants to use the Maytech motors and ESC (I am using the Maytech 3536 750KV 5mm Shaft and 35A Opto V2 400hz ESC,s) With 14x4.7 props.

The IMU plate is currently setup for DJI Wookong which is what I fly.

If you have any request for particular IMU plates, I can likely add several IMU Mount plates into the pack to give people the choice of mounting systems.

What I am asking for is if anyone wants one, please let me know so I can give you further details and get a better understanding of how many I should produce.

If you have a particular

- IMU mount plate need, please send me the pic and hole spacings and dimensions.
- camera mount arrangement, please send me the pic and hole spacings and dimensions.
- mounting request for anything.. video transmitters, Go pro or FPV camera mounting location preference, please tell me and it can be incorporated.
- request for a Heavy Hexa, I can easilly translate the design of the body plates to accomodate the HEXA layout.

I will also be testing a ballistics recover chute option shortly.

The goal is to produce a high quality low cost full CFRP platform with a 2 minute setup and pulldown time at the field, with no fecking around with wiring.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Pictures within this week. Sorry.. still some items outstanding from the CNC factory.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: