Fuel Cell, 2 hours, and a Go Pro

cootertwo

Well, it figures there will be something bigger and better, especially after I've acquired almost 8, 50 cal ammo boxes full of the "old" technology !!!!!:(

FerdinandK

No video so far, but for 2h with a GoPro on Gimbal I no not need a Fuel cell.
Here one of my failed attempts where almost everything failed, sdcard-full, onboard cam failed, copter crashed (I did press the wrong button), and I need a cam with less viewing angle but it shows the direction:

140min FPV with onboard cam average speed of 30km/h:

As calm weather is approaching (needed for high-scores) more videos will come soon.

best regards
Ferdinand

ProfEngr

:eek: Wow :eek: Do you list the specs somewhere on the forum? I see the date is 5yrs old unless you forgot to set it.

And stable enough to make adjustments in the air. Is that typical of most higher-end MR or just yours?

FerdinandK

I am too lazy to set the timestamp correctly each time. The video is from late December, the date is in the title.
The specs are close to my last 129min video, more ore less a new frame, and cam+vtx onboard.
U8-135kv
foxtech surpreme 28x8
Hobbywing esc,
Naza V1
DYI frame
That is the copter of the video:
DSC03577.JPG

and this one is the next evolution waiting for its record attempt:
20160110_030004.jpg

Right now mulirotor is "just do it", there are no mysteries or secrets (although people expect that there must be some).

violetwolf

^ this is where i want to head with my build. Anyone know if you can laser cut carbon fiber sheets?

Laser WILL work but it needs to be a beefy machine (150 Watts?). Hobby lasers won't do it. And even then the edge may be a little burnt.

Water jet will work but may leave small garnet particles embedded.

CNC router is generally preferred though.

violetwolf

Yes generally you trace a 2D CAD drawing into a tool path software in pretty much the same way as a 3d tool path. It sounds like it would be worth a test to see if the laser can handle it. Please let us know how it goes :)

Just got the drone in today. Original Flip control board can suck a fat one is all i have to say. Ive had it honed in at a good hover about a dozen times today just to have random jitters take it down or random power ?surges? noticing in multiwii GUI that FL and RR are at a slightly lower rpm during full throttle range. no amount of trimming makes it go away because it comes and goes in surges it seems. Have to get her up and level before i build the battery and then frame tear down. Going to do CF with thin aluminum round arms that hold high current 18650s in 4s4p. Any suggestions on tuning or a new FCB? cant even find info on it to flash it up to the multiwii