FPV videos 4th of July

kloner

Aerial DP
Well i had many firsts this trip, my most noteable being my first mile on 5.8 video none the less. i'm so happy with my new EZUHF, so much easier to setup and use than dragonlink. I made a compilation of 9 spots with just the funest footage but it's still uploading. youtube didn't like my music so am redoing it......... start off with a pnp off my hero2 and GS recorder

then went up to chocoalate mountain and did my first mile, 5600 and change to be exact, coulda kept going but it's so hot i'm scared to run my packs past half way cause more than that they tend to come back hot....... all reception was still rock solid

I'll be back in a bit when and if the compilation video ever works. Also got a killer 1080p jello free vid to share brought to you by the ear plug mount

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

hjls3

that is some great footage. amazing place to fly. too bad its so crowded :). earplugs under the gopro?

poprocz

Really nice video's with great music choices.
I was expecting fireworks from a top down perspective but these were well worth the watch none the less.
Sweet looking copter btw.

kloner

Aerial DP
I use to really be into waterfowl if you couldn't tell by the boat, when we'd go down for a week in the winter, i wouldn't see a soul for days. it was almost like being stranded on a deserted island. I'm from SD so am used to stores, people, car sounds. I've been stuck out on her for 3 days and nights before some other fool as crazy as me came along. Cops can't even navigate it. your only hope out there is the USMC SAR chopper, but even that is hours away at MCAS YUMA. Alot of people die out there from the simplest injuries. heart attacks and boating accidents where people bleed out seems the most common. no help for hours in any direction. I've came across high speed car crashes where ambulances took 2 hours and that's at the highway. where still a half hour off that and a boat ride as much as an hour beyond that. every 20-30 miles theres little things like those houses i fly near on the river. theres Parker, Blythe, McEntire, Walters, Fishers, Hidden Shores on this stretch, 90ish miles with dams at each end. 200ish miles below the Grand Canyon, same water

kloner

Aerial DP
heres the 1080p vid. raw footage. Seen a little here and there, but nothing as bad as mine has always been. 1080 is tough fpv cause you go through so many situations

Love it kloner!! Your one of my inspirations for my setup! Hope to be there soon.. :d how happy are you with ezuhf, and what osd do you use? I was thinking about hobbyking apache osd

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
for a quad, ezuhf is definately the ticket. it falls in, has a spectrum analyzer built in so if you do have problems, you can diagnose them without blowing another $300 on sniffers. the rmrc kit came with everything you need including antennas for $320

the quad wants the diversity rx. i figured out why guys were running them sideways and doing the rabbit ears front and rear, the quad will stand 45 degrees on it's nose fff and the reception without the antenna straight up sucks really bad. went from constantly hitting lower rsi to where when i got both antennas aimed just right it hovered and fff with perfect reception. You can see the rsi switching from antenna to antenna as i lean forward or flatten out. cAn also see the banked turns where it fluctuates. It also really liked the antennas to not be completely covered. wound up with 2 sanders style like posted on fpvmanuals, had a shorter pvc housing, gave it alot more range.

Your looking at Eagle Tree OSD pro in those two vids above. has logger, osd pro, gps ant & barometer. without barometer the elevation jumped up and down a couple hundred feet randomly, made it nerve racking to fly on the water low when alarms would go off.......

I still haven't got Dragon link working right on a quad, probably won't waste anymore time with it there, leave it on my ZII

kloner

Aerial DP
hahaha. When i leave the boat, it aint actually safe till it's back. the shore is harder to get to than you can imagine. I've tried "walking out" when was stuck down in there before, i never got a hundred yards after hours of crawling, bending, etc.

I'm pretty good with if i got to leave one behind was the cost of having fun. Is why i got 2 of the exact same thing. But i'd way rather have it hit the water than over that shore, at least I could try getting it back.........