FPV/Telemetry setup for an X8?

Joe van Velzen

Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of building the DYS D800 X8 and want to add an fpv system to it.
I have a boscam TS 352 transmitter and a GoPro 2 and am using the WookongM FC. Apart from the IOSD what other cables/bits will I need? Or has anyone any advice on wiring it up?

Any help would be much appreciated.

So do you intend to use the video output from the gopro to use as your (FPV) video? if so there are some pre-made cables that you may want to buy. You need a power supply to the video transmitter and the go pro as well. If you just run off of gopro battery you risk a dead battery. I know the gopro has HDMI out but I'm not sure if theres a way to get AV out from it. If its HDMI only then you need to convert that to AV prior to sending it to your boscam, which means buying a converter but I think the gopro has AV out. I have wired up a DJI mini OSD a few times and its pretty straight forward but you still have to strip back wire, cut, solder, insulate blah blah. There are advantages to using the camera your filming/recording with as your FPV camera but in some ways its easier to just add a separate FPV system all together and have the gopro as a stand alone system. I have only installed separate systems so far but eventually I will incorporate the two.

Joe van Velzen

So do you intend to use the video output from the gopro to use as your (FPV) video? if so there are some pre-made cables that you may want to buy. You need a power supply to the video transmitter and the go pro as well. If you just run off of gopro battery you risk a dead battery. I know the gopro has HDMI out but I'm not sure if theres a way to get AV out from it. If its HDMI only then you need to convert that to AV prior to sending it to your boscam, which means buying a converter but I think the gopro has AV out. I have wired up a DJI mini OSD a few times and its pretty straight forward but you still have to strip back wire, cut, solder, insulate blah blah. There are advantages to using the camera your filming/recording with as your FPV camera but in some ways its easier to just add a separate FPV system all together and have the gopro as a stand alone system. I have only installed separate systems so far but eventually I will incorporate the two.

Exactly, I want to have the gopro as a separate feed from the main camera so the operator doesn't have to have a cluttered screen.
What kind of cables would I need then?
All the cables I've found for the gopro are AV out so I presume thats the general way of doing it. Do I need to get some sort of hub to connect them all, or is it just a case of soldering everything together?

Well I don't think there's any kind of hub you just solder it. I would start with one of the pre built cables and go from there.