FPV Monitor and TX recommendations?

Vermiform

I have now finished the second evolution in my personal AP training.

Evolution 1 was to buy some "fun quads" and learn to fly, maintain orientation, nose in hovering, etc. One of the most important lessons I took away from this was that multi-rotors sometimes just crash...don't freak out, just do your "walk of shame" and then fix it.

Evolution 2 was to scratch build a cheap quad and hang a basic camera off of it with a gimbal. I chose to build a 500 class quad with a "idiot simple" FC. My camera is a Mobius with a cheap HK gimbal. I've now learned to think of the quad as a moving camera and I also understand the components going into it.

Evolution 3 is to add basic FPV to the quad to help frame/maintain my shots. Here's what I am looking for:

1) An economical video TX to add to my mobius. Quality is not that important here as this will always be my experimental learning quad. I may use footage from it down the road in a project, but that will probably be rare. If the price difference between economical and quality is less than $100 than I'll probably just go with quality.

2) A quality receiver that will follow me through my AP voyage that I can use in the future when I go "pro". Versatility is important to me in this area and I don't mind paying for quality.

3) A quality Monitor I can use now but still use when I go professional.

Not interested in goggles at this time because I know myself too well. I know the minute I put some on I will be hooked and turn into a FPV racing junkie. I will spend all my time doing this and my AP Career will come to an end before it even starts. :D FPV goggles and a race quad will be my reward after I start producing content.

Vermiform

Bump:

I've figured out all but number 2. What would you recommend for a quality receiver?

Am I giving enough info or asking the right questions?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If you are looking at 5.8 and going with the fat shark/immersionRc bands, I think the immersionRc Uno (Fat Shark) is a good receiver for the money.

I've had solid luck with it. Just works, which can be the key attribute with some of this video link stuff :)