Fpv goggles and contact lenses

wbrownj

Hi all,

I have complicated eyes and wear contact lenses. I would like to try fpv but wonder if the googles would cause problems. I have already tried a screen on my Tx but you get so much glare (even with a screen hood) that I found it a disappointing experience. Then I tried wearing someone's F/S goggles and I really liked the immersiveness of it but it did feel a bit like my lenses might pop out because of the physical pressure of the goggles near my eyes.

It may well be just that I am not used to it and so was over-reacting but I an interested in the experience of others and whether there are any tricks to make it feel better.
I know you can get corrective lenses for the goggles, but I cannot be removing my contacts.

Thanks for you thoughts

Jonathan

Stacky

Hi all,

I have complicated eyes and wear contact lenses. I would like to try fpv but wonder if the googles would cause problems. I have already tried a screen on my Tx but you get so much glare (even with a screen hood) that I found it a disappointing experience. Then I tried wearing someone's F/S goggles and I really liked the immersiveness of it but it did feel a bit like my lenses might pop out because of the physical pressure of the goggles near my eyes.

It may well be just that I am not used to it and so was over-reacting but I an interested in the experience of others and whether there are any tricks to make it feel better.
I know you can get corrective lenses for the goggles, but I cannot be removing my contacts.

Thanks for you thoughts

Jonathan

I wear contact lenses and have no problem with fatshark goggles for fpv.

jetbootz

In order to help you I need to know

- your current CL prescription
- your spectacle prescription
- the type and brand of CL you wear
- your age

PM me if you want. happy to post public for others if you dont mind

My day job is optometrist, my hobby is FPV on goggles

jetbootz

If people want advice on what contacts to order , just put info in this thread and ill let you know, you will need to be an existing CL wearer, or go for CL assesment if not.

just post

Spectacle RX
ocular dominance ( which eye you would use to aim and shoot a gun with )