FPV Camera Feedback

FLJim

I've seen a lot of different threads around FPV cameras, but nothing that clearly gives me a direction. Part of me things I need to just invest in a high end FatShark kit, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much just yet. Any thoughts on the below questions would be appreciated!

• I see a lot of references to Sony cameras (the small CCTV ones I guess).
  • Using a GoPro (or knock-off) is interesting to me because I'd like to be able to record flight videos in an easy fashion.
  • Alternatively, something like the RunCam seems similar and perhaps better quality than a GoPro knock-off.

In the long run, I want a good FPV setup to use with my F450 for casual flying and potentially some personal video. I don't see myself getting into any professional use. I would also like, at some point, to try putting FPV on my 250 for racing.

So any feedback on the above mentioned cameras, or an alternative you like better, and thoughts on a good system for current and future uses?

I use fatshark and its hardly high end. I just bought another camera for $45 and some of the Sony's are more. Runcam, mobius etc. is a good choice because it's dual use. You can record and use as an FPV cam. I have never done it though, I use a separate cam for each. If you just want FPV then it really doesnt matter much which way you go because their mostly 600/700 TVL cameras with average video. The good thing is you can mix and match a system or buy one already put together like fat shark. They pretty much all cost the same especially once you have a receiver and monitor or goggles. The camera/transmitter is mostly personal preference. I built my own monitor in a harbor freight case with a Chinese receiver and I actually prefer it to my fat shark goggles. It probably cost more to build in the end because you can get a package deal from fat shark with goggles/receiver, transmitter, camera and battery for less than $300.