Flying weather...some hope :(

Macsgrafs

2012 officially the wettest year on record, winds been awfulas well....had my AV200 & RSGS for 2 months now & only used it 3 times...GUTTED!

My 2013 wish is for warm, dry, sunny, relatively calm weather...if I was religious I would pray!
Who else is P**SED off with thier weather I wonder???

Ross
Sunny Devon :highly_amused: ok so I lie maybe it should be :livid:

ZAxis

Lec bought me a FlameWheel for Xmas. Good fun building it up, just needed somewhere to fly it. Lec was offered the chance to fly inside a huge shed and thought .... perfect flying conditions away from the miserable weather ... yipee. Lec took it up and it flew perfectly for 10 minutes then it went totally mad and flew full speed into the roller shutter door !!!!!!! 3 smashed props and one dead motor. Gutted ... so its not just perfect flying conditions outside we need its also perfect luck inside. Rebuild under way.
I'd settle for at least calm and dry as soon as possible or should we all emigrate to somewhere ideal conditions dominate ...... but where ? Any suggestions ?

Andy

Tomstoy2

Be careful what you wish for.

Here, we are suffering just the opposite!

Sure, it makes for ideal flying conditions, but a guy gets tired of brown. Even last spring was dry, so every time the wind got above 5 mph the whole sky would fill with dust.
Then there was the fires. Where I live, at the foot of the mountains, we were surrounded by 3 forest fires in the mountains, south, west and north. These things take forever to burn out. We went damn near all spring and summer not seeing blue sky.
Won't even go into enviromental damage.

This year is going to be even worse, they predict.

What I wouldn't give for a few years of moderate temperature!

Macsgrafs

Andy, your crash was caused because of the weather...if the WX had been kind, then it would have been outside ;)

Tom, we would love to have a few months of that dry weather...mind you over here in the yUK (PLC) a few months of no rain means a drought order gets passed!!!
Could be worse I suppose like that farmer in the states who had 3 ponds on his land that collected rainwater, they jailed him for 30 days!!!!

So we all need somewhere warm & dry to fly, looking like Southern France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece......choices, choices ;)

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I did start a thread about a European Road trip!

Andy what FC? Any ideas other than Lecs Hangover..

Weather is looking good from tomorrow up here so batteries out of storage charge ready for final tuni g tomorrow and then off up to the lakes friday / sat filming... any one coming?

Dave

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
Ross you aint wrong about the weather further south

down here in france we had some great weather last year from march right through to october

i now understand the meaning of ciesta ie get any heavy physical work done before lunch then chill out in the afternoon as it gets to warm for any real physical stuff

do i miss the yUK as you say for some minor stuff maybe but the weather definatly not

cant wait to get the sun loungers out again sorry just coulnt resist that one

hope you get some better sunshine this year deffinatly a wet one last year from what i hear from friends back in blighty

also had the best sun tan ive had in years sorry again just had to add that bit aswell

keith

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
I managed to fly 6 packs on my disco on the small field at the back of my house NYE afternoon.Then couldn`t resist going up shortly after midnight looking for fireworks for my first flight of 2013.

Sadly they`re to tight around me to let off to many fireworks,so there wasn`t much to film.

Happy Newt Year to you all anyway.:pig::tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

ezroller

yes the weather in the uk has been awful, its pretty much been rainy or windy since I got my first RC plane in november, and learned not to fly my quad in the wind until im ready the hard way! My other hobby is astrophotography so its been awful for that as well.

heres to a calm and sunny 2013!

Macsgrafs

Keith...you're banned, Dave promptly ban that nasty man please ;)

Dave, I hope your right...I need to get out before I go mad!!!!

Jake, well done for at least finding a break in this crap :(

EZroller, we should have some good weather in summer...last year it was on a thursday ;)

Ross

Aviator

I managed an hour today with a couple of planes and my Tricopter... Perhaps go sloping tommorow? Haven`t flown so little in ages, My 96" ME109 hasn`t been started in over a year! but hoping to get a few flights in this year if the weather is more agreeable?

Macsgrafs

I managed an hour today with a couple of planes and my Tricopter... Perhaps go sloping tommorow? Haven`t flown so little in ages, My 96" ME109 hasn`t been started in over a year! but hoping to get a few flights in this year if the weather is more agreeable?

My 50cc SU26 hasnt be flown in over a year either :( gutted, might sell it at this rate :(

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Eh up Ross weather is good for you tomorrow and the weekend so get charging and Ill look forward to your videos all rolled out edited and up on youtube sunday evening..

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hey Ross did you watch the itv news tonight

there was an artical about the weather the met office says things not looking good for the this year either in the uk

sugest you book a couple of holidays if you want some good sunshine this year

i can recomend france the wine is cheap also which goes down well on a warm day

just a theory could it have anything to do with all the multi rotors and helis in the uk if everyone decides to go flying on the same day all that downforce could be sucking in the rain clouds

ie one day sunshine everyone goes flying following week wet and rainy

things tend to be a bit more spread out the further south you go so probably dont have the same effect ie more sunshine

just a thought

keith

ps dave please dont ban me i will put you on next years xmass list and send you a bottle of wine if i dont forget and drink it all

Macsgrafs

Eh up Ross weather is good for you tomorrow and the weekend so get charging and Ill look forward to your videos all rolled out edited and up on youtube sunday evening..

According to xcweather tomorrow is great, the other 2 days....mmmmm, not to clever. Now why does this always happen, my mrs gets 3 days off & today was her last day, so I will be flying with the cam just slung under the octo..no bloody control over it at all...gutted :(
Will see what I can do though Dave, lipos going on charge in a mo :)

Ross

Macsgrafs

hey Ross did you watch the itv news tonight

there was an artical about the weather the met office says things not looking good for the this year either in the uk

sugest you book a couple of holidays if you want some good sunshine this year

i can recomend france the wine is cheap also which goes down well on a warm day

just a theory could it have anything to do with all the multi rotors and helis in the uk if everyone decides to go flying on the same day all that downforce could be sucking in the rain clouds

ie one day sunshine everyone goes flying following week wet and rainy

things tend to be a bit more spread out the further south you go so probably dont have the same effect ie more sunshine

just a thought

keith

ps dave please dont ban me i will put you on next years xmass list and send you a bottle of wine if i dont forget and drink it all

Keith, I'm sure we are heading out of the 11 year cycle....but you could be right mate, all these people with rotors flitting about really can't be any good or could it be the chemtrails?

As for going away, well I get married at the end of May & we are looking at hiring a motorhome to go to Austria (great airshow in Zeltweg), so we can travel across europe slowly & enjoy the view...plus I can take the octo :) added bonus.

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Uk Keith.. where are you? I am looking at planning a trip flying round europe this year the Massive Central is on my list.

Ross, do what the majority has to do... carry your own kit the the flying site ;-)

Dave

Macsgrafs

Aye Uk Keith.. where are you? I am looking at planning a trip flying round europe this year the Massive Central is on my list.

Ross, do what the majority has to do... carry your own kit the the flying site ;-)

Dave

Mate my arms drop off just getting it out the boot of the car!!!!! I have bought a fishing trolley, just got to make a base plate to slot the octo into ;)

The mrs carries the monitor, both DX7's & the aerial video gear ;)

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ross why not get a electric golf trolly and save the Mrs the lug! ;-)

Mate my arms drop off just getting it out the boot of the car!!!!!

Maybe its time Ross!

Dave

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
first of all Ross congratts to you and the missis for may

hope you have a great trip around europe take ya time and take in the scenery so much of it is just breathtaking away from the big cities and towns out in the country

as for me i am in the 23 region google maps look for a town called " CHATEAUROUX " i am about 20mins south

a few years ago before we moved here i did a 6,000mile motorcycle trip all around france on my yamaha 1200 v-max and as i say take ya time to take it all in

i miss the old bike had to sell her just to much stuff to move

if either you passing anywhere close to me on your travels would enjoy meeting up for a drink etc

keith

SYNDK8

Skyvokker
Ross,

I was gonna pick up this box trolley from Walmart for $20 to lug around gear. Best thing is it folds down into a file folder size.

View attachment 8634

Attachments

• early-childhood-resource-elr0547b-universal-rolling-cart-in-brown-box.jpg
    early-childhood-resource-elr0547b-universal-rolling-cart-in-brown-box.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 218