Flight times and props - test done

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have been adding loads of extra weight to the hexa and I have been thinking that the 11" props might not be that efficient any more.

What I did tonight was to test flight times with 11x5" Graupners and 12x6" APC's.

My setup is a hexa with one 4S 6000MAH Turnigy lipo. AU weight is 4.8KG including everything for flight, battery, camera etc. I have also fitted the HDMI to composite converter, extra lipo to power the converter, gimbal and extra receiver for camera operator.

So first flight was with the 11x5 Graupner props. Total time I achieved from takeoff to lipo alarm was 4:50 minutes. Not too bad for one battery and almost 5kg!

Second flight I did was with the APC props, 12x6" electric. Time I got from that was 5:35...and it was as smooth as a REALLY smooth thing! No vibes, oscilations, it just sat in the air dead still...I was really impressed.

Just a little info for anyone wondering what props to use, the APC's work for me. :)

Gunter.

EDIT: BTW I'm flying a WKM!

Macsgrafs

Yep, thats the props I use 12x6 APCE's, might try bigger myself, especially since your increase has paid off so well.

Ross

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Ross, let me know how it goes.

I'm just wondering what difference a 5S would make? Anyone know what the benefits would be?

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kari

Gunter,

thanks for sharing good test results. That is what i'm going to try next props in my cinestar 6. I have now 11x5 graupners and i think it's not anymore most efficient size for my setup. What esc:s do you have in your hexa? I have maytech 30 A v1:s now but looking for something more "high end" solution.

Kari

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter,

thanks for sharing good test results. That is what i'm going to try next props in my cinestar 6. I have now 11x5 graupners and i think it's not anymore most efficient size for my setup. What esc:s do you have in your hexa? I have maytech 30 A v1:s now but looking for something more "high end" solution.

Kari

Kari, I use 40A Hobbywing Pentiums. They keep cool after a long flight and seem to perform very well.

Regards,

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Where do u guys buy APC

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Elliott, where abouts are you? I can't remember where I bought mine, I'll have a look at my emails when I get back indoors.

Regards,

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
APC seem to be very good. I tried getting 12" graupners but no joy. APC do a 12x6 in pairs and they are well balanced and I am very impressed so far...dead stable flight.

Regards,

Gunter.

My LHS has em... Never noticed the whole wall of props lol, i was always too busy buying parts for my trex550

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk