Flight control -- What works for you?

econfly

I'm interested in the most reliable flight controller available.

GPS is nice, but more important is ultra-reliable attitude control, and particularly on larger/heavier builds. If you were doing a new build, about 20 pounds all-up weight, what flight controller would you use?

I don't care about complex setup issues or even cost, really. What I want most is the confidence that the thing will do what I want it to do, react sensibly to wind, and not introduce drama or uncertainty. Aerial photo/video work is the goal. I'm not flying for sport. Manual flight doesn't interest me. What I want is a controller that can reliably hold attitude and altitude. GPS is a bonus, but I would give that up in exchange for reliability.

In my experience, the most reliable controller I have used is DJI's WooKong running 5.16 firmware. I am well aware of DJI's issues, and the latest A2 update drama is a good part of why I am asking this question. Tell me about other options.

Last edited by a moderator:

econfly

I'm thinking about selling my A2 and just getting a WooKong for the second build. There really is nothing in the A2's new features that I need, and I have never had an issue with the WooKong. I've considered an update to 5.26, but 5.16 has been so solid I hate to change it.