Need Help! Fishing Drone

Hugh

Need a very simple drone to deliver bait beyond my casting range. Do not need a camera, just a mechanism to drop the bait. Must have return home feature. I think I'm handy enough to build one, if
necessary. Any suggestions and advice welcome.

Jason S

If u havent flown before i would reccommend something like this?

https://store.swellpro.com/collections/splashdrone-3/products/splashdrone-3-fishing-gear
waterproof and already has a payload release system already made plus RTH feature

You could also buy an older phantom model and attach something. Its not worth building and time wasting these days your better off with a already proven product so you can enjoy fishing not worry about the drone going into the water

RENOV8R

Like Jason said, find an older DJI Phantom on Amazon or Ebay and learn how to fly first. Believe it or not, you can't just power a drone up and start flying and they don't fly themselves. Release mechanism is the easy part, just clip a downrigger release onto the landing gear. You'll probably want to use braid, any stretch and it'll be hard to pop your line off the release when it's a few hundred yards out

Jason S

You need something with a little bit of payload this my next best option.

you could buy a dji 450 kit?

https://store.dji.com/category/f450

but you will need soldering skills and know how to set-it up to fly the way you want. It will take about 3 days build time/ set-up menu etc with everything and ill think you still need to buy a reciever and controller once you buy that. You almost looking a the same cost anyway?

Up to you good luck building something under 1000 bucks with everything you need

you still better trying a find an old phantom and attaching something or already pre=made for the job.

have fun fishing

Hugh

The reviews I've read on the DJI Phantom and the Swellpro are less than impressive. In searching for used
drones, I saw an MJXRC-4w for $250.00 which I think is a new model. That's closer to my ballpark. The heaviest lure I'll be trying to lift
is 4 oz. There will be drag from the line but I'm not trying to lift any significant weight. As I said, I don't even need a camera. Just a release mechanism and return feature,