First time builds won't fly *Need Help*

el.av8r

I am trying to build my first two multirotors on separate platforms but I am having issues with both. These are the first multirotors I have ever built and realize tackling two at the same time especially on different platforms was a bad idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a DJI F550 running the Naza M V2 which is giving me low voltage errors on a 3S battery. In searching I have found people saying to disable the voltage protection settings but in the Naza Assistant I cannot turn off voltage protection, it is grayed out. The batteries are brand new charged Turnigy 3S 5000mah and voltage on the batteries checks out. I was able to do a Motor Test on this one and have all the motors firing correctly in the right directions.

On my second build I am assembling another hexacopter but using the 3DR APM 2.6. I went through all the config settings and can Arm and Disarm through Mission Planner but cannot get the motors to fire up. I read somewhere that the flight controller should light up solid red once Armed but mine doesn't do that it continues to flash blue and red (if this matters). In Mission Planner I can go into the dos prompt and tell it to test motors but nothing ever happens (battery is plugged in when I try this). When I plug in the battery all the ESC's continue to beep but after a while fall out of sync (noise wise) and two of the motors kind of twitch an eighth of a turn every second or so.