First Multicopter (Help to choose)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakza

Norwegian noob
Hi everyone!

I am as you probably can see new to this forum, and new to the Multicopter world. I have for a very long time, wanted to buy a multicopter for filming and for satisfy my geeky needs.

So what i really need help to is either, set up a buying list for building a Multicopter or suggest a copter that comes out of the box. I would love to build a copter.

As i mentioned earlier i want in the end to be able to film high-res aerial shots, not only GoPro.

Dont know how this forum works so i just put this out there.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers from Norway.

SoCal Blur

Welcome!

The best way to go about it is decide what is likely to be the heaviest camera you will be carrying and then work your way backwards to determine the size and power of the Multicopter you will need or need to build.

Get familiar with eCalc http://www.ecalc.ch/. This will allow you to test out ideas without spending any money. It takes a little to figure out how to use eCalc but it's worth the exercise.

One thing for sure is that you're probably going to want at least a Hex if you plan to fly larger cameras. Not just for the lifting power but for the motor/prop redundancy. If you lose a motor on a Quad, everything will come crashing to the ground. A Hex or an Octo at least gives you a fighting chance to land safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.