First drone build

Hi guys! This summer, I am planning to build my first quad. I found a nice kit with most parts.
a2e1eb340487ae5e6d8345e0a19c32b7.jpg
What other parts besides the tx/rx and battery would I need. I think I need a power cable to connect the battery. Leave a link. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inmanster

I ordered 2 Floureon 3S 2200mAH 25C Lipo batteries from Amazon for about $40.

The picture you showed has the connector to the battery in it. It is the Dean's style connector under the blue power distribution board (PDB), next to it is 2 pieces of shrink tubing and wire leads. You solder the connector to the leads cover the exposed solder joints with the tubing and shrink with a lighter. Then solder the leads to the PDB.

OhHey

That's funny, that is the exact kit I had as my first quad, it sits prominently on a shelf now. I originally used the same batteries for it as inmanster mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LZKHKA2?keywords=floureon 2200&qid=1456346803&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Good batteries for the price but as with any cheap batteries do some good testing before you fly too high, far or fast. I actually prefer something closer to 1300mAh for 250 racers as they react much better. I have flown that 250 with 2200 and 1300 and can say that the 1300 makes it much more zippy and acrobatic.

You will soon learn that the 16 minutes plus of flight time that will give you is a long time to fly a quad that has no GPS. I don't think I ever ran a 2200 dead on that platform, no sense in carrying extra weight for no reason imo.

Let us know if you need any other pointers. I have bought each quad component 2 and 3 times to find what I actually liked. Use our experience to save you time and money!

Thanks guys! I am swaying between the frame I mentioned before and the Enzo 250 frame with the kit. Which is better? And is it safe to get it from eBay? I won't get it anyways for a while. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk