Okay guys, I'm in now.

Here's how I'm:

Hobby King X666 frame
KK2.0 FC
Afro 30A ESCs
Sunny Sky 2212-980 motors
HK quad power distro board
Rhino 3700mAh 3s batteries

The gentleman I'm getting the motors and KK2.0 from is also throwing in some Gemfan 10" props and some other little goodies to help a newbie like me along.

I'm really looking forward to this project and the world of multirotor flight!

Take care,

Jon

SoCal Blur

Be sure to purchase a Prop balancer. You'll need to balance those Gemfan props. In fact, you'll need to balance most props that you'll buy to some extent or another.

Good advice for everyone. I'm a long time pilot, just first time MR'er. I have a balancer and I even balance props for my foamies. ;)

Jon

jbrumberg

Welcome Jon. So this guy from whom you are purchasing this Multi-rotor package is also providing the "small stuff" like those 10 cm 3 pin servo wires to connect the Rx to the KK board? Or are you using your accumulated stuff from your fixed wings? Can that 25A PDB handle those 30A ESC's? That could be a weak link. You probably know this stuff better than I. I am probably better at crashing than sustained flight with my build. I would suggest maybe an extra motor and ESC (or two) for backup.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually had the foresite to order the 10cm M/M servo wires. A lot of the other stuff I have in the shop, and I'm not really sure what other goodies Cc3DPilot (from RCGroups, and I think he is here too) is throwing in the box.

The power distro board will probably be okay, I don't think I'll get to tax the ESCs to their 30A capacity, so the 20A board should be okay. I saw someone on YouTube that was using the distro board with 30A esc and he said it all was okay. Same motors I'm using and his quad was a "Reptile 550" with GoPro and FPV setup. I don't remember if he said he was using the Afro 30A ESC or not.

Anyway, I'm learning the MR stuff as I go, not jumping directly into FPV & Heavy lift stuff.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

jbrumberg

I suspect that there are a lot of RCG frequent fliers here. I am one. I have been an adherent of the fly and crash system of RC multi-rotor flight training for the past two years. I am getting better at both. As I gain in experience, I am sure that I will be upgrading and adding additional components as I advance along the learning curve and further develop my skillsets.

Nothing wrong with copying successful designs and using the same components used in those designs. If it works it works.

I would check that PDB for QC just to make sure it was constructed properly.

Good luck. Post freely and often.