Finally a fly away for me

brantdw

The luck bucket ran dry. Mine flew away doing a job on a farm. Have no clue where it went. DJI F40 GPS Gopro and gymbal. DJI what the hell? Im going to have to look at other options and other manufacturers.

-Brant

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Sorry to hear that.....
If you want some help from MRF members as to the root cause, you might want to send us a follow-up c/w as much information as you can provide.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The luck bucket ran dry. Mine flew away doing a job on a farm. Have no clue where it went. DJI F40 GPS Gopro and gymbal. DJI what the hell? Im going to have to look at other options and other manufacturers.

-Brant

And why's it DJI's fault? Did you build and set it up yourself?

brantdw

I built it myself. Been flying it for two years. The GPS was having a tough time locking on to the last satellite. It could have failed in flight. Had a fresh battery and flew away at about 200 feet. I dont know if its DJIs fault. I just wish I had it back.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Did you try to switch to attitude or manual mode once it started to drift away? If so, did it not respond?

There are some web sites that keep people up to speed of severe solar storms that can mess up the GPS systems.
It might have been one of those days.....
Give us the date and time of the incident and someone might be able to check that out for you.
nce the GPS lock is achieved, the FC knows where home is but can only return to it as long as the GPS constellation remain operational.
And if the GPS lock is not complete it never was able to establish the home point so it has no idea where to go.

cootertwo

I believe that there are a whole lot of people out there, that do not know about the "second" set of green flashing lights!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I believe that there are a whole lot of people out there, that do not know about the "second" set of green flashing lights!

Yes, I think you are right about this. I don't think it was documented at all, seeing as one day it just magically appeared after one of the many dreaded updates.

bee200sx

What is the "second" set of lights you guys are referring to?

The only ones I am aware of is the blinking green and then red if all the satellites aren't locked and the blinking green if complete satellite lock is achieved.

fredor

I have both the Naza and the Wookong and this only happens with the NAZA and I understand it to mean the RTH lock, am I correct ?