Feelworld 10.1" display and ImmersionRC compatibility

vispaaja

Hey!

Just purchased this display with double video receivers and built in DVR. The display is nice and bright but I'm having some issues with the video link.

I'm using ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitters with spironet antennas. According to the manual, airwave frequencies are supported, but I'm not getting a clear image. The image is sometimes good but sometimes there are quite a lot of artifacts (see the attached image). Boscam transmitters work well. I've tried with the included antennas and also some 5.8GHz circular antennas. Haven't been able to try with Spironet antennas yet, since I don't have SMA-RP SMA adapters. I've also tried all TX frequencies but no luck.

Could this be due to un-matching antennas, or is this a known issue with this display?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20141123_011712.jpg
    20141123_011712.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 400

I have a 12.1 display of similar ilk and the Immersion 600mW tx and it works really well with Fatshark omni directional antennas.
One thing to check is that the camera AND the display are both on the same system either PAL or NTSC a mismatch will cause this problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vispaaja

Hey!

Thanks for the reply, both were in PAL mode. Good to know that Immersion should work. I'll get some adapters and try with matching antennas!

Jumpy07

I gave up with a 10.1 inch Feelworld Diversity.. just wouldn't work with my Z15 Zenmuse output.. worked ok with the GoPro on the H3-3D.. didn't seem to like non standard sync rates.. Feelworld were no help.. bought a ImmersionRC Duo.. and stuck it on the back.. miles better... (proved that the internal diversity RX was the problem)

I misread your original post I assumed you had a separate receiver, I never bothered with the built in and went straight for an Immersion receiver, I have had 1.6km without losing signal out over the ocean, very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cootertwo

That image almost looks like a mismatch between pal and ntsc. I have a Lumenier DX600 with diversity. Probably all of em roll out the same door in china. I had one of my FPV quads that was giving the same image as yours, on my monitor. If I switched the monitor to PAL, the image was fine, but would have to switch back, to use any of my other quads. I first thought it was the TX or RX, turned out the camera was set to pal. Changed that (jumper), and all is fine.

Mauronic

bummer, i was looking at this but it sounds like i should stay away. and noting worse than a company that doesn't stand behind their products

vispaaja

Got some adapters for my SpiroNET antennas but still no luck. Seems like this display just isn't compatible with Immersion o_O. Have tried all picture modes, all channels, different antennas.

View attachment 21995

Attachments

• feelworld_2000px-4644.jpg
    feelworld_2000px-4644.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 300

I spoke with Tech Support at GetFPV.com. They confirmed what I had suspected from other reading. They even have a statement on the webpage now for the monitor (Luminier 10.1" monitor w/5.8G 32-CH Diversity Rx and DVR). If you are using an ImmersionRC transmitter with NexWave technology, they are transmitting a slightly tuned/adjusted frequency, even thought they appear to be normal channels for 5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840 and 5860. This appears to be the normal "F" Band listed from the 32-ch 5.8G frequency list, less the last frequency of 5880, but they are not truely the same. This is what ImmersionRC markets as their NexWave Technology. They are similar enough that you may get a picture in close, or you may not, but if you do, you will start having problems as soon as you get any distance between the Tx an Rx. GetFPV claimed to me they got this info from ImmersionRC after inquiring about it when they had a large quantity of returns of the monitors with 32-CH 5.8G Diversity RXs installed, being used with the newer ImmersionRC transmitters. The ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8G transmitter is a primary culprit for this.

A solution appears to be to add an ImmersionRC 5.8G Rx, and send the output from that into the video input of the DVR monitor. You effectively disable the built-in 5.8G Diversity Rx in the monitor, but your reception problem is resolved, and the monitors display and DVR functions are fine.

I don't know if this is 100% accurrate, but it made enough sense to me that I bought an ImmersionRC Duo 5800 Diversity Rx and the Luminier 10.1" 5.8G 32-CH Diversity monitor w/DVR, and I'm going to give it a shot.

Anyone else with this setup operational?

Last edited by a moderator:

cootertwo

I've got a "Black Magic" 7" duo receiver monitor. I use it with Immersion TX's, 1 of the little "cheepee" mini TX's, and a "Black Mamba" TX. It seems to work OK. I also have the Immersion duo receiver, that I use on occasion. The only thing I don't like about my Immersion receiver, is that when ever it switches from one antenna, to the other, which it does fairly rapidly when you are getting out of range, I get a quick blip on the screen, or goggles, whatever I have plugged into it. I also hate the "click" noise, which I know I can turn off, just have to re-read the manual. Also, I'm experimenting with running a long antenna wire from one of the inputs, out to the other side of my home, with an antenna attached, to see if I can increase my range, while flying out front, while I'm sitting out back, so to speak. Mixed results, so far, but having fun anyhow. There are so many variables, (antennas, TX's, etc. etc.) that if you don't keep documentation, it's pretty easy to get confused as to what works best with what, on and on.