Favorite micro/mini frame?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ben, I am almost done with my Fold-N-Fly foldable quad. I worked backward and started with the case and made everything fit in one carry on sized pelican. When folded down it is the same size as a standard transmitter.

Ben, I am almost done with my Fold-N-Fly foldable quad. I worked backward and started with the case and made everything fit in one carry on sized pelican. When folded down it is the same size as a standard transmitter.
I am very curious to see what you came up with on this. I need something like this that will also include a Gimbal for decent video camera (home built and hoverfly capable :friendly_wink: )

Also, my kid received a ladybird for his birthday from grampa, it is so fun to fly and amazingly stable even outside in the wind. Highly suggested if you are looking for a micro quad for practice.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah, for cheap and fun the ladybird is awesome!

Tahoe, my Fold-N-Fly is specifically designed with travel in mind. When I went to Hawaii last time I didnt bring my heli due to size and amount of cases involved. This will be in a carry on size case, and hold TX, all FPV gear, a few lipos, gopro, Fold-N-Fly, extras. Sounds tight, well, it is tight but I have spent many hours trying to get the frame to do what it needs to do to meet these requirements. It will probably take me until January/February to get things ironed out with costs. I'm really excited about this and think they will do well for the guys who want to fly the minimum sied quad that will lift a gopro and fpv gear while having an even smaler footprint than the f450/disco layout. I realize their frames are already small but they are still way too big to get everything you need in 1 small case. It will definitely be based around the Hoverfly pro. I am actually going to try it out with the sport board since it is FPV. Ultimately I will probably end up flying it with the pro. No gimbal is on there but I am sure there are plenty available that will be light enough that the 4 2216/9"/4s setup will lift her up without complaints.

Tahoe, my Fold-N-Fly is specifically designed with travel in mind. When I went to Hawaii last time I didnt bring my heli due to size and amount of cases involved. This will be in a carry on size case, and hold TX, all FPV gear, a few lipos, gopro, Fold-N-Fly, extras. Sounds tight, well, it is tight but I have spent many hours trying to get the frame to do what it needs to do to meet these requirements. It will probably take me until January/February to get things ironed out with costs. I'm really excited about this and think they will do well for the guys who want to fly the minimum sied quad that will lift a gopro and fpv gear while having an even smaler footprint than the f450/disco layout. I realize their frames are already small but they are still way too big to get everything you need in 1 small case. It will definitely be based around the Hoverfly pro. I am actually going to try it out with the sport board since it is FPV. Ultimately I will probably end up flying it with the pro. No gimbal is on there but I am sure there are plenty available that will be light enough that the 4 2216/9"/4s setup will lift her up without complaints.

Need a beta tester? Sounds like a fun copter.

mailman35

pics? :) sounds nice