FatShark Predator V2 power question

Hood49

I have made a few successful flights with my new FatShark gear. Goes great, even with the stock antennae, as long as you are in LOS.
The Predator gets delivered with a Low Pass Filter. You just plug your balance lead (up to 4S).

Now, I have 4S and I would like to use my Balance lead of my LIPO for a volt meter to show me the voltage during a flight. This needs the Balance lead of course.

So I was thinking of plugging the Tx on the quad directly to the main power distribution board of the quad.

My questions is: Will that be safe? Will I cook the Tx?

Thanks.

FlyGirl

I have made a few successful flights with my new FatShark gear. Goes great, even with the stock antennae, as long as you are in LOS.
The Predator gets delivered with a Low Pass Filter. You just plug your balance lead (up to 4S).

Now, I have 4S and I would like to use my Balance lead of my LIPO for a volt meter to show me the voltage during a flight. This needs the Balance lead of course.

So I was thinking of plugging the Tx on the quad directly to the main power distribution board of the quad.

My questions is: Will that be safe? Will I cook the Tx?

Thanks.

You won't cook the Tx but you could introduce more RF noise which could cause interference to the receiver, GPS, etc

Hood49

Thanks for the advice!

Indeed, maybe a no-go. I do not want to compromise the range of the radio.

FlyGirl

don't the fatshark goggles give you a warning when the battery is low? if not, get one of these....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29652__on_board_lipoly_low_voltage_alarm_2s_6s_.html

Yep, they do Steve..! A couple of weeks back we were out at our field and had just finished for the day when we heard something beeping. My friend and I looked at each other and then tried to figure out where the beep was coming from. It was his goggles. He had left the battery connected. Neither of us knew they did that. ;)

Hood49

I just want to try to understand this...

Do the FatShark Goggles beep when the FatShark LIPO battery (on the goggles) is low or if the LIPO battery of the Quad is low? If the latter. How do you set the battery voltage warning...

kloner

Aerial DP
the goggles tell you about the goggles, if you need to see the aircrafts battery warning light move it in the cameras view, if you need numbers, get an osd..... like tbs core pro, ezosd, or your flight controller proprietary osd if naza, iosd.... etc

this is a regular tbs core.... not pro & without gps

Last edited by a moderator: