Fat Shark Goggles

rwilabee

Does anyone know if you can use the integrated 5.8ghz receiver and then switch to 1.3 gigs by plugging in an external receiver say at 1.3 gigs without taking out the integrated receiver.

kloner

Aerial DP
in 2.4 lawmate is king..... both ends

1.3 is a paint in the butt around sat nav systems. it'll never lock. 5.8 has a similar affect but much less. that's why 433 control, 2.4 video is the standard issue for fpv cause most use a sort of gps whether autonomous or just for getting around

DennyR

I would go with that, tried um all with 433. Get the tuned version 2.4 Emersion with a yagi. Dragon link has the best range but will stomp on most stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:

rwilabee

Wow I would have thought that 2.4 would interfere more with 2.4 radio gear than 5.8. What is 433 control? Does the 5.8 mess with the radio gear or the GPS?

Rich

in 2.4 lawmate is king..... both ends

1.3 is a paint in the butt around sat nav systems. it'll never lock. 5.8 has a similar affect but much less. that's why 433 control, 2.4 video is the standard issue for fpv cause most use a sort of gps whether autonomous or just for getting around

DennyR

It would, that is why we are talking 433 UHF LRS for the model control functions....

Long Range Systems are what most FPV people use to get greater range. It is a module that attaches to a standard radio and replaces the 2.4 module on the back of the Tx.

2.4 boosters are available also, but they may stomp all over the other 2.4 users around you.

For most of your typical MR shooting, a set of standard 5.8 fatsharks will do the job perfectly well with a set of magic mushroom ant..

The problem with LRS is that your Tx will be very close to your VRx and may create noise on your screen. Emersion have a specially tuned 2.4 system to block 433. Your VTx needs to be well away from everything on the model.

SMP

Be advised... so far the 2.4ghz fatshark module has been rubbish :(

To be clear, the rubbish part is the Fatshark Rx module when running Lawmate TX not 2.4ghz et al. Fatshark and Immersion Receivers have only one crossover channel compatible w lawmate on 2450. The Fatshark Goggle 2.4 RX had significantly less range than our Immersion 2.4 ground station running simultaneously with similar antennas (Magic Mushrooms). Hoping there will be an updated fatshark 2.4 module similar to the upgraded 5.8 module.

5.8 however works very very well with fatsharks.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes they do,,,, but the immersion uno and duo rocks on ch5........ that sucks. Wonder how TBS deals with that? tuned receiver plugged in?

SMP

Thats my guess too.. last Disco maiden Trappy had wires from the goggles over to his antenna guys...

Actually what I might try is some weird version using the little lawmate RX in a hip pocket with an antenna tucked behind an ear or some ****. Love our GS but sometimes its nice to just hop out of the truck and get going.

rwilabee

I just found out that you have to do one more thing before plugging in your ground station. You have to flip the small switch on the bottom to shut off the built in receiver.

Rich

Yes you can, just plug in the lead from your ground station and away you go.