famoushobby M1000 hexacopter build up.

Well, I "bit" on the pre-order for this folding hexa frame from Famoushobby. Needing a mid sized ship that is somewhat compact and travels a bit better than my octo. The package from them arrived today. VERY well packed, and on first look over everything seems in place, and seems to be great build quality. Here are the photos from its arrival - will post more as the build starts in the next few weeks.

I have an idea in mind to slightly modify this folding hexa, post more on this later.
Suns out time to go fly..

Attachments

• IMG_7874.jpg
    IMG_7874.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_7876.jpg
    IMG_7876.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_7877.jpg
    IMG_7877.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_7884.jpg
    IMG_7884.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_7892.jpg
    IMG_7892.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_7888.jpg
    IMG_7888.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 383

Put this one on hold, but finally starting to gather parts to make it fly. Staring with some Sunnysky X4112S 485 motors, and some 30A simonk reflashed Esc's. More photos to come as the ship comes together. The folding hexa, may become a Y6 with some slightly shortened booms for more portability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yes - to update again, build is not happeing again till some new booms arrive - The m1000 ones were not / are not CF but standard issue cheap Glass made to look like CF. ( not that i thought they would be for the price) So I have ordered true CF tube booms before I continue the build!

Gilirose

Hi,
I have been following FamousHobby and am about to put in and order for their octo kit,
and can say that the CNC quality on their stuff is top class.
However, I have some concerns as to the quality of their Carbon Fiber, which seems to be resin-heavy
and somewhat laminated.
Can you provide any input on this?
Thanks,
Gil

Famous

My hexa had crappy glass booms - I've since ordered many parts from them, gimbals and octo frame, parts, and other stuff - and am happy to say that they all have been really great quality cf and build. Top quality stuff.

Hi,
I have been following FamousHobby and am about to put in and order for their octo kit,
and can say that the CNC quality on their stuff is top class.
However, I have some concerns as to the quality of their Carbon Fiber, which seems to be resin-heavy
and somewhat laminated.
Can you provide any input on this?
Thanks,
Gil

Gilirose

Hi Jeff -
How would the FamousHobby build quality compare with your Droidworx bird?
I am just past my SteadiDrones octo and am in search of a proper frame,
one that will stand the rigors of license certification tests.
Thanks-
Gil