F550 with NAZA lite.. Engines cut off in mid air?????

wense

Hi there.
I recently build my first multirotor, and I had a hard time setting it all up.. Now today I flew out to test the fail safe RTH and it worked all fine, but... When I was in hover at maybee 10 mters or so I boldly tried to regain control.. Only I dident quite remenber how..
I set the switch to ATTI and by mistake I think I remembered somthing about that the throttle needed to be reset.... :-/ BIG MISTAKE!!
I cut the engines in midair and It dropped like a stone!! Fortunately no big damage, but I was a little shouck up..
Now Im a little afraid to cut the throttle but why did it happen ?? And if in gps mode, is there any danger to let the throttle all the way down???

Thanks for your help.. :)

nabbs1

In the manager set it to Smart Throttle mode. that way the motors wont turn of on you. On the Tx Cali Tab in the Naza-M Lite manager program make sure you have "Intelligent" checked and NOT "IMM"

You should take some time to learn to fly in manual mode so when the flight controller spazzes out you know what to do. Technology isnt perfect and may hiccup once in a while. If you know how to fly manual you can relax in atti or gps mode. But you will always be able to hit the switch to manual and fly it home if something bad happens.

Last edited by a moderator: