F550 Help Needed

Hey,

Alright, to put it very bluntly I am very new to this. Now that that's out of the way I seem to have lost mine and don't really know what to do or where to go for help. I have the model build, wired, and what seems to be ready except I am having the most difficult time trying to get my Naza M v2 programmed. I have looked up my problems which lead to more problems I can't find and helpful youtube videos that explain it enough because my other problem is I am also learning the verbiage as I am going as well. In everything that I have looked up though I have been noticing that the DJI assistant software looks a heck of a lot different than the one it keeps telling me that I need to run. So if someone is willing to help out the new guy and has the patience to maybe break somethings down so that I can learn and understand it I would be beyond grateful because I am at the point of giving up and just selling the damn thing because I don't know what else to do because I can't seem to get anyone to explain anything to me.

Thanks!

Sure!

Well when I hook the copter up to the computer and start Calibrating it I have no idea if what I am doing is actually getting written to the copter because when I unplug it the copter is 100% unresponsive. The only time I was able to get any sort of action out of it was when I was doing the Motor test. I have 2 Transmitters that I was trying both had the same result, and both are Futaba. 1 is a 8FG Super and the other is a 7C. All the other DJI videos and Youtube videos have had a write button and look/are arranged different so this has been throwing me off a lot. Does this make any sense?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Any chance of posting a video of your issues along with some screen shots etc, this will help hugely?

Yes I will gather some screen shots and see if I can record a video of what is going wrong to show you guys.

Yes, the two are linked together I have linked and relinked time and time again because that was what I thought the problem was but it says both of them are linked to each other every time.

sledge57

Do you know how to arm it after unplugging? Do the sliders move in NAZA Assistant when you move you Tx sticks?

A video of what's going on when attached to the pc with Assistant running would help a lot.

What I've noticed in the new versions of Assistant is that you used to have to click the write button, now the values get written by hitting the enter key after typing the values in.

You can see this by changing one of the gain values (it'll be red at this point) hit enter (now it will turn black).
Then disconnect and then reconnect the copter, check the gain you changed and it should have the new value in it.

I have a T8FG Super Tx and if you run into issues I might be able to help. I took some time but I got mine pretty well figured out now. It's tough if you have zero experience with a programmable Tx, I had some experience years ago with a JR computerized radio so I wasn't totally lost, just mostly :nevreness:

Are you using the correct software? I accidentally down loaded the h version and not the m so I had to go back and do that. Once done make sure you have the latest firmware. I found it not too hard to set up even though it was my first time.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Crispy

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay I have been incredibly ill with H1N1 (fun stuff...) anyway I think that a good part of my problem is steaming from the fact that I really don't think I know how to program my remote. Thus far I have been half trying to figure it out on my own and half going off what little and inconsistant info I have found on the web. Can someone help me try and do that? I would be using my f550 for Ariel Photography eventually, once I learn how to use it properly. I don't if that makes any difference or not with how it is programmed but if it does than that is the direction that I would like to go in.

Thanks!

cootertwo

Well Anton, you sort of jumped into the deep end, so to speak. I was big into nitro stuff. Right now I have 5 flying nitro planes, and helicopters, (2 caliber 30's, 1 Raptor 50, 1 Raptor 40, and an old Nexus, copters) It takes quite awhile to learn the functions of your particular transmitter, not to mention what ever it is you're trying to fly. And if/when you upgrade to better stuff, the learning process starts all over again. In my opinion, one of the simplest roto copters out there is the DJI Phanton. If you can't get one of them in the air, with all the video support they have on their site, you probably are in the wrong hobby. I started my "new to me" electric adventures, with a Parrot AR Drone. Pretty simple learning roto copter, but still took quite a bit of reading and tinkering to get it all sorted out. I even bought a GPS unit for it. Don't get too frustrated, it's supposed to be fun, remember? There is a lot of info on this, and other sites. And a ton of video's on youtube. And don't be surprised if after you finally get everything setup and working right, you go and run into a tree branch, a bush, or a wall, and have to start all over again! Look at some of these things like the poloroid camera. They give it to you at almost cost, cause they know you'll be back for part$ :tennis:

sledge57

Lets start with the basics, I don't know the 7C but I have a T8FG and Naza V2, so lets start with that TX.

The first thing is, is the TX in Heli mode or Aircraft mode?

It NEEDS to be Aircraft mode.

Do you know how to navigate through the Futaba's menu system?

Ok sounds good to me! As of right now my T8FG is in Heli mode...and yes I am still learn all the in's and out's still but know enough to get through the menu.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
One thing you want to remember, futaba you have to reverse the throttle channel! not reversing this channel will give you a lot of problems.

Dynamicrange

One thing you want to remember, futaba you have to reverse the throttle channel! not reversing this channel will give you a lot of problems.

+1 This was the case for me when trying to kickstart my F550 for the first time. Had to reverse throttle and YES. I'm a noob.

Tahoe Ed

When looking in assistant, raise the throttle the slider should move to the right. This is also true for the elevator. The rudder and aileron movements follow the slider.